1207Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1761 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooki57 View Post
Hello ,
After a few tries of my autosteer, I have a lot of trouble to reach good settings to follow the line. ca derive and corrects too late, or so it zigzag violently .... I have a steerpointzero very good, however, count by degree defined by steer wizard, very stable angle sensor, stable mma ... No hardware problem. But if anyone could give me a description of the method to use for PID setup and steer ... I would like to take a look at it from here, but my english is not good enough to understand everything orally. But if someone very nice could write such a description, I will have no difficulty in translating it into French. So please help me .
Hi,

I am too starting to experiment with AOG autosteer settings. I used it to seed my wheat last week for the first time, first it was hard to get it straight I finnaly got some stable results. First like Brian said counts per degree is very important, a small change made some big difference, to adjust it I set my counts/degree to 1 then turn my wheel to exactly 15 degree, measured with a protractor, repeated for both sides. I then divided the displayed number by 15 to give me the counts/degree. After I increased my minimum PWM until the motor reacted to minor changes. Started with look Ahead and min Look Ahead around 2.5 each. I played with each variables one at a time first with major change to see the reaction and finally just minor changes. I have a 12 volts 300rpm gear motor, my final settings are look Ahead 2, min Look Ahead 2.5, Prop Gain 22, output gain 11, min PWM 29.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1762 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks for your answer . I will try on manday with your method.

post #1763 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Great work Brian and the crew! This is a wonderful project that the agricultural community has been needing for some time.
I set up an Arduino Leonardo with the basic auto steer code. I have set it up with the default pin out. Arduino and IB2 and a princess auto angle sensor with no other components sitting stationary on my desk for testing. I can connect to my com port with putty and can see the five segments of data returned. -11.12,0.00,9999,9999,1 . Even a Arduino with nothing hooked up will spit out data on the com port. 9.76,0.00,9999,9999,1 Agopen connects to the com port but does not seem to see the data. It says "Oops NC". Have i completely overlooked something? Agopen connects just fine to the GPS com port and returns GPS coordinates. Files, schematics, etc are all from the latest AgOpenGPS-master.zip on github.

Last edited by lylevd; 05-12-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1764 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylevd View Post
Great work Brian and the crew! This is a wonderful project that the agricultural community has been needing for some time.
I set up an Arduino Leonardo with the basic auto steer code. I have set it up with the default pin out. Arduino and IB2 and a princess auto angle sensor with no other components sitting stationary on my desk for testing. I can connect to my com port with putty and can see the five segments of data returned. -11.12,0.00,9999,9999,1 . Even a Arduino with nothing hooked up will spit out data on the com port. 9.76,0.00,9999,9999,1 Agopen connects to the com port but does not seem to see the data. It says "Oops NC". Have i completely overlooked something? Agopen connects just fine to the GPS com port and returns GPS coordinates. Files, schematics, etc are all from the latest AgOpenGPS-master.zip on github.
Hi thanks for that!

Code is Running with uno/Nano/Mega.

I Did have the same Problem with a leonardo (at my lattepanda). I can See the Data with serial Monitor- But Not with Agopen.

I think the Leonardo Uses another thing for Communication...

Found it :

https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?t...8.0#msg1074199

I think Leonardo Need dtr enable on Agopen side..

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Andreas Ortner; 05-12-2019 at 10:13 AM.
post #1765 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 10:15 AM

Copy and paste.... The major difference between Uno and Leonardo is that Leonardo has an ATmega32u4 which has support for the USB, whereas the UNO has ATmega328 which doesn't have the USB support onboard. ... Whereas the UNO requires an additional microcontroller to provide the USB capability.
Very strange. I think a something in agopen might be broken with my setup. The data is spitting out the com port with no issues as far as i can see.

Is anybody good with code that can quickly edit the ESP32 code to be compatible with its predecessor the ESP8266? I have several of these and they should be more than capable. The code would have to be changed to remove the task handling to the second core. Maybe some libraries will need to be changed as well. I have an esp8266 all wired up if anybody can help.

Last edited by lylevd; 05-12-2019 at 10:18 AM.
post #1766 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-12-2019, 02:00 PM

I think your right about enabling dtr.
post #1767 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi Brian
For the Steering Angle Sensor, could I use the Delphi ER10032 as it comes with a mounting plate at the wheel end.
Not sure how the source a "ball fitting" for the Delphi ER10031.
post #1768 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sorry, got the wrong part number. Can I use a Delphi ER10014.
post #1769 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Price View Post
Hi Brian
For the Steering Angle Sensor, could I use the Delphi ER10032 as it comes with a mounting plate at the wheel end.
Not sure how the source a "ball fitting" for the Delphi ER10031.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Price View Post
Sorry, got the wrong part number. Can I use a Delphi ER10014.
Yes the Delphi ER10014 would work. As for sourcing the ball joint. I found that if you have a grease nipple/zerk assortment usually one of the larger sized grease nipples works as a ball joint. A lot of hardware or automotive supply stores stock ball joints too like this https://au.element14.com/c/fasteners...ts/ball-joints

https://au.element14.com/c/fasteners...ts/ball-joints

I would imaging that the pin out would be the same as the ER10031.
BrianTee likes this.
post #1770 of 1998 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 04:46 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hello,

Question about the WAS : is there a validated alternativ of the Delphi ER10031 that can been use as WAS ?
Seems to be hard to find this sensor in Europe : I didn't find a seller who can ship it to France.
And I don't find the datasheet of this sensor : so hard to identify an electrical equivalent of the Delphi.

Someone living in Europe use an alternativ of this sensor, easier to find in Europe ?

Thanks a lot,

Math

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page