DIY AutoSteer with AgOpenGPS - Page 184 - The Combine Forum
 1136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1831 of 1835 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post
I think I use the same Button sketch, installed on arduino in january, you can find my build in post 1636 in diy autosteer.
It acts as you describe, no connection between footpedal and agopengps program.
But my foot pedal triggers my valves on and off, but only after I have activated autosteer by click in agopengps.

Then it works until agopengps deactivate by rules, like driving less than 1 km/h or not doing turn correct, or going outside boundary with the U-turn activated.
To reactivate footpedal, I have to click twice on autosteer icon = off and on again(if outside boundary you must first deactivate U-turn)
I modified AoG and the Arduino sketch so that either a screen touch/click or an Arduino button press toggle autosteer on/off.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1832 of 1835 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weder View Post
Last weeks I wrote an ASD Interface, which allows AOG to control ASD enabled Machines with Section Control. ASD Protocol is a binary serial interface to control Machines without Isobus. It was developed by Müller Electronic and allows you to transmit section- and rate data in both directions. Machine terminals supported are Rauch Quantron A, E, E2 , ME Spraylight, and Drillcontrol at the moment.

Code and Schematics for the ESP32:
https://github.com/Coffeetrac/AG_ASD_Host
Hi Weder,
Just upgraded our fertilisation equipment from the old lever out the cab window to a 2007 Kuhn/Rauch Axis H emc with a Quantron control box.
The tractor has no isobus and no ground speed socket! Any ideas how to feed AOG sat ground speed into the Quantron?
Was planning to use your ASD interface to do section control.

Thanks.
Peter.

post #1833 of 1835 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My approach would be: use the esp (and a few external components for 3.3V => 12V) to generate a speed signal.
Convert the speed into centimeters per second, and use that to set the frequency of a PWM-generator with a duty cycle of 40%.
Peter Brothers likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1834 of 1835 (permalink) Old Today, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgrau View Post
My approach would be: use the esp (and a few external components for 3.3V => 12V) to generate a speed signal.
Convert the speed into centimeters per second, and use that to set the frequency of a PWM-generator with a duty cycle of 40%.
Was thinking of that approach, although need to check what kind of pulse the ground speed/radar pin needs.
Did think there would be a way of feeding speed in serial (must be able to do it using can some how!)?
post #1835 of 1835 (permalink) Old Today, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brothers View Post
Was thinking of that approach, although need to check what kind of pulse the ground speed/radar pin needs.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I think Fendt was using 12V for the pulses, guess that's historically the easiest (reed-contact and a magnet in the beginning or something like that)

Quote:
Did think there would be a way of feeding speed in serial (must be able to do it using can some how!)?
That would be the nicest option, but didn't find any hints in the manual
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in