EZ Pilot repair anyone? - The Combine Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Transaxial

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
EZ Pilot repair anyone?

Been intrigued by Brians ag open gps. That is something I hope to read up on this winter. Back to my question here. I have a Trimble 750 with EZ pilot and the EZ Pilot quit working. I swapped it out with another and all is fine. I replaced the cable and it fixed the failed one for about 350 acres then no signal again. Sam 200 error. I tried to get it repaired with no luck really. Buy a new one is all I get told. Anyone out there fix these?? Likely a simple fix for a $3900 part.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 11:35 AM

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Been intrigued by Brians ag open gps. That is something I hope to read up on this winter. Back to my question here. I have a Trimble 750 with EZ pilot and the EZ Pilot quit working. I swapped it out with another and all is fine. I replaced the cable and it fixed the failed one for about 350 acres then no signal again. Sam 200 error. I tried to get it repaired with no luck really. Buy a new one is all I get told. Anyone out there fix these?? Likely a simple fix for a $3900 part.
I am not responding from specific knowledge of these units but simply from a point of view that if the next move is to buy a new one anyway, you might as well do some testing and experimenting with the old one. I am starting my thinking from the point that you say you changed the cable and the old one worked again for 350 ac. Does the original cable work again intermittently? is it just in the plug? male or female that when you change the cable it makes the connection by wiggling something? I know there can be a ton of wires in those cables but it could be just a continuity check on each wire. But if 2 different cables give you intermittent operation then maybe it is deeper into the unit but still just connections. The internet might help you find a new plug for a cable that could be changed. A job for a cold wintery day when you have time to sit down and really think it through. I find that I think better when combine is not waiting to go to the field!!! The incentive is you might find some little thing loose and save yourself $3900! Good luck

Let us know what you find.

BrianTee and radar like this.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Had a similar problem. I cleaned the battery connections and it solved my problem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page