Ntrip Client for AGOpenGPS - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-18-2019, 12:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1111 Post(s)
Well there’s a pretty extensive CORS network in the U.S as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
if somebody have interrest i have 2 never used RFD 900+ Modem - RFDesign

at home.

one of the most legal powerfull things i know.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Ortner View Post
according to: none of these low-cost units can drop into an existing autosteer from any major brand and give it RTK.

why not?

nmea is a output standart for every receiver. the hard part is to find the connector and the pinout. eg you can use a simple ttl to rs232 converter to feed your tractor...
None of the integrated commercial autosteer systems use NMEA. They use either proprietary canbus messages or proprietary serial port protocols, such as the Trimble Standard Interface Protocol (TSIP). Also some systems use a two-way communication method, where the receiver has to respond to certain requests from the autosteering computers about capabilities and configuration before being accepted.

There might be a few brands of third-party steering systems, perhaps Outback, that can use standard NMEA sources. But certainly the integrated Trimble or John Deere systems are completely proprietary. I don't know about Agco at all.

The John Deere and Case computer monitors can accept NMEA input, but that will only be used for mapping, not steering.

Obviously this is a completely artificial and arbitrary.

Last edited by torriem; 01-19-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
None of the integrated commercial autosteer systems use NMEA. They use either proprietary canbus messages or proprietary serial port protocols, such as the Trimble Standard Interface Protocol (TSIP). Also some systems use a two-way communication method, where the receiver has to respond to certain requests from the autosteering computers about capabilities and configuration before being accepted.

There might be a few brands of third-party steering systems, perhaps Outback, that can use standard NMEA sources. But certainly the integrated Trimble or John Deere systems are completely proprietary. I don't know about Agco at all.

The John Deere and Case computer monitors can accept NMEA input, but that will only be used for mapping, not steering.

Obviously this is a completely artificial and arbitrary.
All the sytems using the novariant ECU uses serial NMEA, works with 10Hz GGA + VTG + 1Hz ZDA
post #25 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:03 PM

Very nice. I think around here Agco machines might come with AgLeader (which uses novariant). So a point in their favor.
post #26 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
There might be a few brands of third-party steering systems, perhaps Outback, that can use standard NMEA sources.
I have Outback S3 (+eDrive) and Outback S (just guidance). Any ideas how to get NMEA from simpleRTK to them?
BrianTee likes this.
post #27 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Very nice. I think around here Agco machines might come with AgLeader (which uses novariant). So a point in their favor.
One day we should hack the Novariant, it talks with the various Terminals on market via ethernet, how tricky can this be? A Hub, wire shark an go
post #28 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 01:57 PM

A casual glance at documentation I can find on installing Outback systems indicates they are using some kind of canbus networking. So I doubt plain NMEA input will work there. I thought I had read somewhere once about Outback being able to use normal NMEA, but maybe I was wrong.

Most agricultural systems use a protocol called j1939 on top of the physical Canbus layer and so far as I know it's not yet encrypted. That can be analyzed. I was not able to find much in the way of Linux support for j1939. But I wonder if you could get Linux's built-in canbus networking support to talk to the machine's bus, whether you could use wireshark to view and filter those messages.

I fully expect certain brands to encrypt their communications buses down the road. Or at least involve cryptographic handshaking. Are you an "authorized" GPS receiver? If not, no go. We've seen this kind of rubbish in consumer market for years now (HDCP, DRM). Just recently it was announced USB C will soon authenticate chargers. It's for safety they say. You can bet the only "safe" charger for an iPhone will be an Apple one before it's all finished. Sorry for the off-topic rant!
BrianTee, Kaupoi, WTalen and 1 others like this.

Last edited by torriem; 01-19-2019 at 02:05 PM.
post #29 of 158 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2414 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupoi View Post
I have Outback S3 (+eDrive) and Outback S (just guidance). Any ideas how to get NMEA from simpleRTK to them?

We have an outback rtk base, maybe i can read what its putting out.
Kaupoi likes this.
post #30 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-05-2019, 08:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2414 Post(s)
Andreas, is this the only required fields?

BroadCasterIP = IPAddress.Parse("xxxxxxx"); //Select correct Address
BroadCasterPort = 2101; //Select correct port (usually 80 or 2101)
stream = "MOUNT"; //Insert the correct stream
username = "xxxxx"; //Insert your username!
password = "xxxxx"; //Insert your password!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page