Ntrip Client for AGOpenGPS - Page 6 - The Combine Forum
 84Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Are there any NTRIP Caster implementations that are open source? All I can find of proprietary closed source casters. Very frustrating. EDIT: I found this but I'm not sure this is actually a caster: https://software.rtcm-ntrip.org/brow...nk/ntripserver

Last edited by torriem; 02-06-2019 at 10:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 10:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2417 Post(s)
https://github.com/farmerbriantee/AgOpen
Its the AgOpen Git, give it a try. You have to edit the ip, mount, etc in NTRIPComm.cs, about half way down. It is set to go to RTK2go.com and mount SPR and at least spits some data out. Give it a try, I really can't test it, but the data rate looks about right like a typical client. Just outputs to serial for now, but I think UDP should be easy enough.

CWRS and ropecope like this.
post #53 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 11:43 PM

Using Snip as an RTCM viewer/decoder.

Sending RTCM v3 correction data rec'd from RTK2go.com mount SPR by the NTRIP client in AgOpenGPS sent to the GPS serial port to serial com9 which is a virtual port tied to com8 which is a serial input to the Snip Caster that then decodes the RTCM stream. Whew!
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-02-06 (1).png (510.8 KB, 18 views)
Andreas Ortner and ropecope like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Are there any NTRIP Caster implementations that are open source? All I can find of proprietary closed source casters. Very frustrating. EDIT: I found this but I'm not sure this is actually a caster: https://software.rtcm-ntrip.org/brow...nk/ntripserver
It’s hard to find information about the protocol.. (you can buy it)

The easy way is look into stream.c at rtklib source code.

https://github.com/tomojitakasu/RTKL...3/src/stream.c
Line 1478 ff
Regards

@brian

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Andreas Ortner; 02-07-2019 at 01:02 AM.
post #55 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropecope View Post
But the NTRIP client implemented in AOG can send corrections to UDP?

Can the NTRIP client broadcast to 255 like modules or does it need a specific IP. I'm assuming you need to configure port as well? or if I chose one, can you tell the ublox which one? Either way can be done. And yes it works, wireshark shows all the module udp going to port 8888 and the RTCM goes to 2233 for now (can be whatever you wish but unused of course)

Pic shows streams.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-02-07.png (147.0 KB, 14 views)
ropecope likes this.
post #56 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
In my particular case,

The NTRIP client can broadcast to 255 on a particular port
I can set the module to accept everything on the correct port.

With us, the Ntrip provider has two option

first option
Has set up a fixed mountpiont, and when I connect to it, I get corrections from just one base station and the server can not know the location of my rover.

But if I move away and work on some other field that is distant from the above base station, this base station is no longer suitable for me.

second option
Then I need to hook up to a server with some other mountpiont that checks the rover location, and by the location it assigns the nearest base station that sends me the corrections.

So it would be good that we can enter our location into a ntrip client that will send the server to a specified time (ms) as it was done in the Lefebure ntrip client or RTKLIB.

I changed the code, and if I changed the broadCasterIP etc. it still connects to rtk2go...

Since it's hard for me to write in English, I will set up some pictures that describe what I mean (the picture tells a thousand words)

And I repeat this is my case, maybe someone will not respond to these settings.
Attached Images
File Type: png rtklib srv03.PNG (169.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png rtklib srv02.PNG (80.1 KB, 6 views)
File Type: png rtklib srv01.PNG (75.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: png ntripLC.PNG (165.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: png MVS-mikrotik.png (1.39 MB, 6 views)
doppelgrau likes this.

Last edited by ropecope; 02-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.
post #57 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:15 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
You're killing me That's impossible! Remember when I said it was impossible to follow an AB Line?
I apologize, but I certainly have not understood something, and I do not understand what can be done, and what can not be done.
post #58 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropecope View Post
I apologize, but I certainly have not understood something, and I do not understand what can be done, and what can not be done.

Oh goodness no, attempts at humor across countries I usually avoid, but I perhaps slipped in this one. This whole project has been suggestions right from the start about adding features. Originally all it did was map, and then section control for 1 section was added. Then multiple sections was suggested, at which point I said impossible to do, I'll never figure it out. Same with AB Line and guidance - there was no way I would figure out the algorithms and math required. Then contour, and AB Curve, and....

So it is kind of a running joke from the start, someone makes a suggestion - like "wouldn't it be great to have an NTRIP client right in AOG", and I say, that's impossible, never going to figure that out. But that seems to not be the case, so far we've stumbled thru figuring it out. So UDP NTRIP Client, its too hard to do, impossible. Hope this makes sense.

When I look back at early versions of AOG, its pretty amazing all the stuff I would never thought were possible today. So, keep the ideas coming!!!
post #59 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 10:57 AM

So how does that work? I've looked thru the visual source source code of Lefebure's NTRIP but not in detail. I'm assuming what AOG does is the first option, and that seems to work. Correct?

Does the NTRIP client keep sending the server the GGA sentence once in a while? If so, what format and how often and what needs to be in the message? I suppose this will come from the fix information and just like the simulator, build a GGA sentence and send it.

Does the mountpoint in AOG change need to change? How do you read the new mountpoint? Is there a different mountpoint that allows them to change at the server? Or is that why Andreas uses MOUNTPOINT and lets the server send the right stream? Many questions.
post #60 of 158 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
There might be a few brands of third-party steering systems, perhaps Outback, that can use standard NMEA sources.
There is a serial port as an option to choose in Outback S3 GPS source settings, but I can't get it to work with simpleRTK. I've tried 5hz and 10hz and different baud rates. All info S3 gives is in photo attached.

Does anyone know how to configure simpleRTK for S3? Baud rate?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190207_204913 (Medium).jpg (332.5 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page