AgOpenGPS - Autosteer PCB - Page 12 - The Combine Forum
 370Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Barn
from allpcb the rates are pretty cheap.

for example 20 quantity of the PCB would be 32.00 [US], with courier shipping an additional 30 [DHL] ... about 3$ [US] per board ...for a 100x125 mm pcb

single sided drops 20 boards to 28.00, not significant in terms of cost ..but it's easier to do a single sided board an a home made PCB router [which i have] ..
the reliability of 'store bought' pcb , in my opinion, is well worth the wait ...
smaller quantities of the pcb are similar in cost per board, but the air / courier shipping stays at around 30 or so

regards, warren

Last edited by wvca; 03-07-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post

I have a PCB print factory just 13 km away, so I asked what the price for 10 pieces single sided would be.

120 Euro for film (made from Eagle file I deliver) and then 12 Euro for each of the pcbs,Delivered in a few days.
I dont know what you guys pay where you get them? but I will try myself now.

So... I prefer single layer!
We use allpcb.com, they have really good quality, and are able to print both sides. Currently (for a year) they have discount for 10 pcs PCB for 5 USD (1 or 2 layers - 100 mm x 100 mm maximum) + shipping.
It is in China, delivery and production are only a few days, I really like the company.
If you are two persons, there is also 10 USD credit for new member and 10 USD for member that recommended the user.

The price is half cheaper for 10 pcs than for piece here in Slovakia.
Check it our, they have nice price calculator online.

post #113 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post
I certainly like ropecopes layout with the external power supply connections in the middle of the internal power if not used. and also the pinout for reset.
Also Ropecope have full connection around the pads, which I dont after doing ratsnest.

As far as I can find, there are only two places where traces go to top layer: 1 is for reset, which could be placed closer to arduino or across the 15v trace to switches.
2 is the same 15 v trace where it goes to 15 v close to the relay, if LED 2 and resistor are moved to other side of relay, then 15 v trace can pass to 15 v on same side.
There are probably more?
Whith this few, it is also possible to just print one side and solder the airwires afterwards.

Another question, there is a difference in the way the vcc supply to arduino is made, Ropecope is direct from 5v and Brian has made it via 4,5 ohm resistor? For protection or?

I have a PCB print factory just 13 km away, so I asked what the price for 10 pieces single sided would be.

120 Euro for film (made from Eagle file I deliver) and then 12 Euro for each of the pcbs,Delivered in a few days.
I dont know what you guys pay where you get them? but I will try myself now.

So... I prefer single layer!
It is true that VIAS can be avoided but there is no routed GND connection on the top of the board so that it can not be 1 layer
All GND is on the bottom, only ground plane is on the top layer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:30 AM

I think it's the best and cheapest company
https://jlcpcb.com/ 2 $ for 100mmx100mm
I made several boards with them and I am very satisfied with the quality of the work.
They say it's a PCB prototype but it looks really professional
BrianTee and dairytech like this.

Last edited by ropecope; 03-07-2019 at 09:15 AM.
post #115 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 08:44 AM

post #116 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
It does not matter to me whether double or single - although for a DIY community project with the full range of assembly skills, large easy to solder pads single sided especially since people will be putting the wrong stuff in the wrong place and probably need to desolder,. Or maybe just I make mistakes

And maybe having both isn't a bad thing either. More importantly once you have the layout/Gerber files, you can make any board you want, or as many as you want anywhere in the world - and having that done is 99% of the way there. v7 of eagle and under won't read properly the double sided version as it messes up the thermal connections, thanks Autodesk and their ransomware scheme. The trial version 9 loads the board, but you can't add anything - too big. Same with single version. But Kicad may be a better option, fully open source with no limits.

So will everyone just take the files and order their own board? Should I talk to Sparkfun or Phidgets to see if they are willing to retail the board?

How many boards? Now that's not an easy question.

Edit: the 4.7 ohm resistors are jumpers on the single version.

Last edited by BrianTee; 03-07-2019 at 10:31 AM.
post #117 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)

So perdy!

JLCpCB is awesome.
post #118 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
What is the size of the board ? so I can tell jlcpcb in the quote.
I got your gerber files, but can not open your board file as I get this error:
Loading C:/Users/Lars/Downloads/AutoSteer-Basic-master/AutoSteer-Basic-master/AutoSteer Basic.brd ...

Error:

line 9016, column 133: redefinition of name 'LABEL' in tag <attribute>

Is it because I dont have all the right libraries?
post #119 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 10:58 AM

About 10 € costs 5 pcs. here's https://github.com/ropecope/AutoSteer-Basic?files=1 wait until tomorrow to make another small change to make
LarsVest likes this.
post #120 of 457 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 11:36 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
It does not matter to me whether double or single - although for a DIY community project with the full range of assembly skills, large easy to solder pads single sided especially since people will be putting the wrong stuff in the wrong place and probably need to desolder,. Or maybe just I make mistakes

And maybe having both isn't a bad thing either. More importantly once you have the layout/Gerber files, you can make any board you want, or as many as you want anywhere in the world - and having that done is 99% of the way there. v7 of eagle and under won't read properly the double sided version as it messes up the thermal connections, thanks Autodesk and their ransomware scheme. The trial version 9 loads the board, but you can't add anything - too big. Same with single version. But Kicad may be a better option, fully open source with no limits.

So will everyone just take the files and order their own board? Should I talk to Sparkfun or Phidgets to see if they are willing to retail the board?

How many boards? Now that's not an easy question.

Edit: the 4.7 ohm resistors are jumpers on the single version.
Thank you, jumpers I get it now :-)

I think I would be a good idea to ask Sparkfun or Phidgets.

Or a step by step help to jlcpcb or other, so you would know which zip to upload, and that can just leave the choices as they are and upload the whole master zip if you want. I was quite unsecure so it took me some time to get there, but now I think I know how.

Last edited by LarsVest; 03-07-2019 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page