AgOpenGPS - Autosteer PCB - Page 34 - The Combine Forum
 298Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #331 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaupoi View Post
Oh no. I was in good speed of building a hydraulic setup. Didn't realize there is no button version for pcb. :I
The D2 - INT pin could be used for encoder

Kaupoi likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2342 Post(s)
It's pretty ugly right now but am rotating the board quarter turn so the connections are at the open edges of a slide in box. The box is 6" long so lots of room for usb/ethernet connections.

Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-04-18.png (248.8 KB, 53 views)
WTalen likes this.
post #333 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:35 PM

Thoughts?

The board has all connections heading toward the lids of the Hammond box. All left over Arduino pins are on tabs to edge of board. +5v out pins. Very short connections to PWM board. Solder in style wiring for high power connections as terminals would probably be problematic. But can still be used.

Ver 2 is quite a big leap from Ver 1.
Attached Images
File Type: png 2019-04-19.png (285.7 KB, 43 views)
wvca, Kaupoi and Rammy like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Thoughts?
How about a connector pins for ibt2, all in same place?

I'm hoping some day there will be button.ino for pcb and then it would be nice to have pins for steering wheel encoder plug.

On-off pins could have +5v or/and +12v pin next to them too to use with switch with led.
post #335 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 10:11 AM

Quote:
How about a connector pins for ibt2, all in same place?

I'm hoping some day there will be button.ino for pcb and then it would be nice to have pins for steering wheel encoder plug.

On-off pins could have +5v or/and +12v pin next to them too to use with switch with led.

The whole thing is 1 design, 1 set of parts, 1 way to build it. I can certainly have another design that has those things.
post #336 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
The whole thing is 1 design, 1 set of parts, 1 way to build it. I can certainly have another design that has those things.
Ok, I understand. I just now have one setup with pcb, ibt, steering wheel encoder, autosteer button and hydraulic valve, but no button.ino. I know nothing about coding, so I have to manage with switch.ino. I thought that basic pcb would be easy to use with hydraulic valve and button.ino.
post #337 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Ok, I understand. I just now have one setup with pcb, ibt, steering wheel encoder, autosteer button and hydraulic valve, but no button.ino. I know nothing about coding, so I have to manage with switch.ino. I thought that basic pcb would be easy to use with hydraulic valve and button.ino.

It would. The Cytron nicely drives 2 valves as well, its 13 bucks. I've brought out the D2 (INT-0) to the board edge as well, its just on the completely wrong end to tie into the pwm connector. But a single wire can go there. Not perfect, but pretty workable.

I noticed Cytron has changed the connector to be 1mm spacing instead of 0.1". Going to leave it at 0.1" and make it solder the wires in because if you use the IBT-2 then for sure the connections will be difficult.
post #338 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 04:00 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Thoughts?

The board has all connections heading toward the lids of the Hammond box. All left over Arduino pins are on tabs to edge of board. +5v out pins. Very short connections to PWM board. Solder in style wiring for high power connections as terminals would probably be problematic. But can still be used.

Ver 2 is quite a big leap from Ver 1.
I think this version will fit most using the Cytron MD13S, even for hydraulics when 2 coil valves are used. I like that terminals are brought to the edge of pcb, and it is fine with D2 where it is now, because it is probably going to be wired to another connector coming out of the box anyway.

But how do we "fill" the cut away cupper around solder pads in the polygons. Ropecope has found a solution, and you have earlier filled with rectangles on top of solderpads. Perhaps very wide lanes when routing between the pads, or double routing (detour the route around the big solder pads and that way covering the edges could do) Reason to do this is to reduce risk of solder pads getting loose or heating.
post #339 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post
I think this version will fit most using the Cytron MD13S, even for hydraulics when 2 coil valves are used. I like that terminals are brought to the edge of pcb, and it is fine with D2 where it is now, because it is probably going to be wired to another connector coming out of the box anyway.

But how do we "fill" the cut away cupper around solder pads in the polygons. Ropecope has found a solution, and you have earlier filled with rectangles on top of solderpads. Perhaps very wide lanes when routing between the pads, or double routing (detour the route around the big solder pads and that way covering the edges could do) Reason to do this is to reduce risk of solder pads getting loose or heating.

You can just set the thermal bridge value to zero and then will be part of the copper. Its hard to solder them that way though with plated thru double sided.
post #340 of 353 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Some minor changes on the PCB:
  • Removed voltage test pin-header (3.3V and 5V can easily measured on the other headers)
  • Removed "5V on one ADS-Input" header, connector has 5V now, so it can be externally connected.
  • Moved some parts to free space for labels.
  • Added labels
  • Added some simple 3d models for relay/fuse.
Will order some PCBs in the next days to build the next prototype (with 70Ám copper, I hope the design works this time).
If there are no undetected problems and the LSM9DS1 works as expected, the design is "final". Maybe some minor optimization or changes for better automated production, but no new features planed. (If I want do design other stuff, there are other pcbs waiting .)

Attached Images
File Type: png Back1.png (2.24 MB, 30 views)
File Type: png Front1.png (3.70 MB, 37 views)
File Type: png Front2.png (1.96 MB, 31 views)
BrianTee, Weder, ropecope and 4 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page