AgOpenGPS - Autosteer PCB - Page 37 - The Combine Forum
 370Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #361 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Denmark
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
EDIT!! works with ADS1115 now: Used another computer, with arduino 1.8.5 and then it works.EDIT !!
Donīt know if it is arduino version or the fact that my directory tree is a mess on the laptop.

I have finished soldering my pcb, and tried 2 versions of arduino sketches.

I use IBT_2 for hydraulic coils, and need the Led pin to activate 6/2 valve to stop steering wheel from turning.

I did not manage to get Brians sketch to work for IBT-2 or Led pin, so I tried the sketch from Coffeetrac/AutoSteer_Button instead.

The new Button sketch works fine with IBT_2 for 2 coil setup, but only with the A0 analog Was funktion.

Fault comes when ADS1115 is chosen. (Set number 2 instead of 0 in the setup zone) and I canīt figure out what to change to make it work.
Could someone give me a hint to fix?

Here are the error messages I get.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

C:\Users\LARSV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc7ThQ21.ltran s0.ltrans.o: In function `loop':

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:433: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:434: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:435: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:436: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\LARSV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc7ThQ21.ltran s1.ltrans.o: In function `global constructors keyed to 65535_0_AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino.cpp.o.2249':

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:121: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1115::Adafruit_ADS1115(unsigned char)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.


Last edited by LarsVest; 07-09-2019 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Used another computer, with arduino 1.8.5 and Coffeetrac button with ADS1115 on pcb works.
LarsVest is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,734
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsVest View Post
I have finished soldering my pcb, and tried 2 versions of arduino sketches.

I use IBT_2 for hydraulic coils, and need the Led pin to activate 6/2 valve to stop steering wheel from turning.

I did not manage to get Brians sketch to work for IBT-2 or Led pin, so I tried the sketch from Coffeetrac/AutoSteer_Button instead.

The new Button sketch works fine with IBT_2 for 2 coil setup, but only with the A0 analog Was funktion.

Fault comes when ADS1115 is chosen. (Set number 2 instead of 0 in the setup zone) and I canīt figure out what to change to make it work.
Could someone give me a hint to fix?

Here are the error messages I get.

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)"

C:\Users\LARSV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc7ThQ21.ltran s0.ltrans.o: In function `loop':

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:433: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:434: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:435: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:436: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1015::readADC_Differential_0_1()'

C:\Users\LARSV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\cc7ThQ21.ltran s1.ltrans.o: In function `global constructors keyed to 65535_0_AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino.cpp.o.2249':

C:\Users\Lars V\Documents\Arduino\AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads/AutoSteer_Button_uden_ads.ino:121: undefined reference to `Adafruit_ADS1115::Adafruit_ADS1115(unsigned char)'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

If you want to build your own board, or use different solenoid drivers like the IBT-2, you're on your own. I know others have got it to work so hopefully someone will post what worked for them.



The Arduino code I post works with the PCB design using the MD13S which works very well for both the steer motor and valves.

LarsVest likes this.
BrianTee is offline  
post #363 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 12:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,734
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoclo View Post
brian
i am an absolute beginer
I don't know where to start

The docuwiki does not give the same indications as the forum


is there any thorough explanation (as far as i can see ) anywhere



sorry for that

I know, the documentation isn't complete and step by step. There never seems enough time to get it all together. I realize that is no help at all to you, and you have nothing to be sorry about.
BrianTee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #364 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampton, IA USA
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Finally ready to jump in.

Hello folks.

Iíve been hanging around here for about a year. After seeing the PCB info and the tree planting option, I can wait no longer!!

I will be using this to assist in planting about 2000 chestnut trees over the next few years. Hopefully it will help with spraying around the trees and watering them as well.

Iíll use this to steer a JDX724 . Itís a big lawn mower and has 2 hyd ports, so it fits our needs for now. I have the auger to drill the holes made and weíve planted 250 with it. (Maybe I can figure out how to set this up for when Iím mowing!!)

Iíll be using Brianís PCB and ino so itís as much plug and play as possible.

Iím not a complete novice with Arduino, etc. My biggest project so far is a greenhouse controller with 12 sensors and 8 relays.

Questions:

Are there any plans to update the PCB in the near future? If so Iíll wait a bit.

In the tree planting section, is a relay fired at each spacing?

What kind of accuracy can I expect using this with RTK?

Can a stepper motor be used instead of the DC motor listed? Space and torque constraints. I have no where to attach the suggested setup that rubs the steering wheel, Itís all plastic around the counsel so Iím looking at mounting the motor with some gearing to the steering shaft in a very limited space.

Thatís it for now Ė canít wait to get started!!
kaanakgser likes this.
rayjorgensen is offline  
post #365 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doppelgrau View Post
A few pictures of the first board of the (hopefully) final design with a mounted simpleRTK2B.

Some news:
  • Self test is finished (only CAN not included yet)
  • the uart for the light is a bit sensitive, it the "rx"-PIN is pulled to ground during initialization the ESP goes into programming mode. Side effect of the need to "dual use" some PINs. Since I have no simpleRTK2Blight (yet) I can't test it, but the TX should work (feeding RTCM/NTRIP).
  • Two boards are finished, two more should follow sunday. Then I can add CAN-Testing to the selftest and start working on software.
Current state is in the github repository.
WTalen, Clod.fr and dairytech like this.
doppelgrau is offline  
post #366 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 08:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,734
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2498 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjorgensen View Post
Hello folks.

I’ve been hanging around here for about a year. After seeing the PCB info and the tree planting option, I can wait no longer!!

I will be using this to assist in planting about 2000 chestnut trees over the next few years. Hopefully it will help with spraying around the trees and watering them as well.

I’ll use this to steer a JDX724 . It’s a big lawn mower and has 2 hyd ports, so it fits our needs for now. I have the auger to drill the holes made and we’ve planted 250 with it. (Maybe I can figure out how to set this up for when I’m mowing!!)

I’ll be using Brian’s PCB and ino so it’s as much plug and play as possible.

I’m not a complete novice with Arduino, etc. My biggest project so far is a greenhouse controller with 12 sensors and 8 relays.

Questions:

Are there any plans to update the PCB in the near future? If so I’ll wait a bit.
There is Rev2 on github, I personally have not made it but there isn't an update in the near future.


In the tree planting section, is a relay fired at each spacing?
No, just the AOG part is done which sends the distance to the arduino. Not a big leap to get the arduino to do something with the info.


What kind of accuracy can I expect using this with RTK?
As accurate as your rtk is.


Can a stepper motor be used instead of the DC motor listed? Space and torque constraints. I have no where to attach the suggested setup that rubs the steering wheel, It’s all plastic around the counsel so I’m looking at mounting the motor with some gearing to the steering shaft in a very limited space.

Yes, but then you are on your own for the code to run it, don;t think anyone has used a stepper (although it would be a good application for one)


That’s it for now – can’t wait to get started!!

Questions answered above. Welcome to the forum! That's a lot of chestnut trees!
BrianTee is offline  
post #367 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 10:24 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hi Guys,


I am also new here. We have a dairyfarm in Holland. I used till last month FarmerGps on our JD6410 with RTK from Navspark. On our farm I have a basestation and with rs232 over ethernet I can pickup the signal in the field with 3/4g.
I have a SauerDanfoss valve and a wheelsensor allready on the JD.
I read the messages before and I understand there a three off you who build a PCB.

Now its dangerous to ask from who should make the pcb
I read the github from RopeCope and thought that could be intersting for us.
Now also the question where to start, can I sell it from one off you or must print and build the pcb by my own?
What I not understand yet, the computer(AOG) is always connected with the arduino by USB? There is know bluetooth communication between them?
And the steerwgeel sensor (Hollow shaft encoders) are they fitted in a JD 6410 and 6320 or is there something else for?
Thanks!!


Jack
Konijn is offline  
post #368 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Hampton, IA USA
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Thanks for the reply Brian

I think I'll get the motor, as a first step, to see how I can mount it.

"No, just the AOG part is done which sends the distance to the arduino. Not a big leap to get the arduino to do something with the info." I'll have to look and see where it's returned. Once I find it will be a piece of cake.

"That's a lot of chestnut trees!" We'll be planting 2 - 300 per year most years. Gives us time to grow with the business. We should be able to quit watering after 3 yrs. (750 per week will be enough.)
BrianTee likes this.
rayjorgensen is offline  
post #369 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Germany, NRW
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Hi Jack,



Quote:
Originally Posted by Konijn View Post
Now also the question where to start, can I sell it from one off you or must print and build the pcb by my own?

A selling a finished PCB inside europe is a bit risky, since tons of regulatory stuff applies (like WEEE-stuff with huge one time any yearly fees if you only sell a few pcbs).
That's the reason why I will try to find a distributor once I have all the stuff working.


So you must build the PCB by yourself or source it from outside europe
doppelgrau is offline  
post #370 of 457 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello Doppelgrau,


I made a translation mistake I see ;( It must be "buy"! Can I buy a pcb from you or Brain or Ropecop. I think I can solder the components by my self. And what is the main diffrence between the pcb's off you three? You are developping for a few years and have a lot off experience, and I am just new.
I have a pcb from Navspark now in the cabin and a computer with win7 and a Danfoss valve.


So the selling was a wrong word choice I men buy. Sorry for that

Konijn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY AutoSteer with AgOpenGPS BrianTee Technology 2023 10-15-2019 02:01 AM
AgOpenGPS - adding rate control torriem Technology 211 08-11-2019 08:40 AM
AgOpenGPS - Hardware - Autosteer gavztheouch Technology 1 11-25-2017 07:35 AM
Case IH sprayer/Raven autosteer BMC Sprayers / Chemicals / Fertilizer 20 08-01-2015 12:55 AM
problems with autosteer on 7010 kansascutter Case IH 13 08-19-2008 07:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome