Anybody want to video meet about AgOpenGPS stuff? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by apm View Post
�� Anytime between UTC 20.00 throught to 14.00 and Iím in.
Looks like UTC 18.00 works best for most, unfortunately that looks to be about 2AM for you...not so fun. Might have to get a few more Aussies to join in. Potentially we could go earlier in the morning for North Americans like UTC 14.00 which would be 7AM for Brian and 10PM? for you. 3PM for Austrians... We'll see where this goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerwiser View Post
As long as I don't have to wear a suit and tie I'm in.
LOL. I sure hope not, you could even mute your video of you don't want to be seen. As long as you're wearing clothes I think that's all that is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAW896 View Post
Im interested. I wouldn't be able to contibute but like to listen and learn
I hear you I would like to learn too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Free zoom has 100 participants max 40 min, not bad actually.https://zoom.us/pricing
What time does ROS do their meetings at? I can ask kyler.
Yep, that's what I thought too. ROS Agriculture does their video meetings Tuesdays at UTC 02:00 so 7PM your time. Matt Droter hosts the meeting and they go for an hour. Somebody there is paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Ortner View Post
Good idea! i did look into my survey - so the most users are from Europe and nord america. According to my picture a good time for all would be 11 am Alberta that would be 7-8 pm in Europe. or 1 pm >9-10 pm here...
Thanks Andreas, I was going to see if I could look back at that survey but you already have. I might just do a new Google survey for this meeting time.

Quote:
another far idea would be a meeting at your side.
i would like to go to holidays and maybe we can have a little program for 2-3 days - talking and visiting farms.
Everyone can make their own the rest of the week or two...
That would be pretty neat. We are quite spread out though my farm is about a 46 hour drive from Brian's town. I'm about in the middle of you and Brian.

So what day of the week would work best. Saturday? I think my next post will be a link to a google survey.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
i think 6-8 people is the max for a video conference do to some usefull talkings...

maybe have bigger groups at continents to talk about and a small group to finalize things

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 01:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
i think 6-8 people is the max for a video conference do to some usefull talkings...

maybe have bigger groups at continents to talk about and a small group to finalize things
I disagree, maybe there are lots of people who want to listen only and not discuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 02:22 PM

Quoted: 269 Post(s)
I agree with MTZ. Only a handful will be able to contribute, but there are lots who want to listen and learn.

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 03:17 PM

I think I did not say it correctly.

Big groups is no problem.

If the demand is hight we could have 2 or 3. and a small to bring all ideas together...

Just start it and let us see what happens...

post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Zoom is pretty good for larger groups. Zoom automatically maximizes the screen of the person speaking and it minimizes those listening. As you said, let's see what happens

Maybe that continental video meeting idea might have some traction. I'll put that in the survey too. What are your guys' thoughts on recording the meeting and posting it to Youtube? It could be unlisted, public or whatever. If recording the meeting keeps people from joining we won't do it but it might be nice for folks in the forum to see what was discussed.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2417 Post(s)
Zoom is pretty cool, you can even share your whole screen.

WTalen, will you be initiating the meeting via email? Saturday utc 1800 works here.

I'll pm you my email.

Never used it before, first meeting might be figuring out how to use Zoom lol.
WTalen likes this.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Putting the meeting on youtube sounds like a good idea to me. Gives everyone a chance to see what was discussed.
For the people learning and observering it is perfect way to go back and review details.
Unless the discussion turns into weather or grain prices. Then maybe not so important.
Beerwiser, BrianTee, Rammy and 3 others like this.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 03:06 AM

If it works we can buy a license. Costs €13 per month for 1 moderation with 100 members time is unlimited...
WTalen and Marrek like this.

post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 02-16-2019, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2417 Post(s)
I have some long posts on the other topics, but if I could suggest a first meeting plan, introductions of course, but everything required to make a stable v3 on github, that is clear and concise to build with very high chance of success. And what it takes to get there.

dairytech likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page