Anybody want to video meet about AgOpenGPS stuff? - Page 6 - The Combine Forum
 74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
thank you everybody for joining the video conference .. i think jitsi has done a good work.

next time we can try christans own swiss server :-)

he has also setup a mattermost discussion platform (like slack) on his private server..

here is the link:

http://meet.magahugu.ch

i think it is time to move the developer talking to another place and help users here at the forum.
I believe that it also makes it easier for the user to keep track.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Andreas Ortner; 05-04-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2342 Post(s)
I was looking at slack, its pretty cool!

post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 05:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Ortner View Post
thank you everybody for joining the video conference .. i think jitsi has done a good work.

next time we can try christans own swiss server :-)

he has also setup a mattermost discussion platform (like slack) on his private server..

here is the link:

http://meet.magahugu.ch

i think it is time to move the developer talking to another place and help users here at the forum.
I believe that it also makes it easier for the user to keep track.
I did try this link it looks like we'll each need to set up some kind of account to get login credentials for Christian's server. I did reserve the AgOpenGPS Slack channel name a long time ago but I didn't do anything with it because the free version didn't offer enough features for what we are trying to accomplish. I hope this Mattermost platform will work better and because it's open source it looks like we will be able to continue developing AgOpenGPS for free.

Apologies for the technical difficulties today it seems like some things just didn't want to connect. I'm uploading today's videos as I type this and I realized that I missed recording the first few minutes of the Jitsi meeting while I was trying to reconnect my own webcam. I'm on the fence with Jitsi at this point hopefully the server hosted Jitsi works better.

The only option for recording on Jitsi was straight to Dropbox so I was using OBS studio instead not ideal but hopefully we can get a local recording done next time. So long as all this works I should be able to do a better job getting through our discussion points in a one hour (approx). Everyone's time is precious and I appreciate all of your input but I do want to keep the meetings to one hour so that people know what to plan for.

As far as when to have our next meeting; we will have to play that by ear as I'm sure most of us are up to our eyeballs with Spring fieldwork and putting this great AgOpenGPS program package to good use.
BrianTee, apm and dairytech like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
I just finished watching part one of today's video meeting and I have to say that I am very excited about AgOpenGPS development entering a new stage. I identify with what Christian said, my strength is is in adding comments to code and migrating it into modules. I've been doing this for years with PLCs. As Brian said, we have to be very mindful of performance but there are a lot of opportunities to start by moving code not in the main loop into proper modules. I am very willing to be assigned specific projects to refactor code and add extensive comments.

WTalen, I very much appreciate your willingness to be the moderator, keeping the meeting moving along and on topic...Thank You!
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Christian changes the way to login.

Because we don’t like to be overruled by bots...

We will start a new tread we’re User can request a login by pn.
WTalen likes this.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
. Thanks to all contributors!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page