Tramline section control - The Combine Forum
 10Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,680
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Tramline section control

When using tramlines, the sections will turn off if not on a tramline. On when on a tramline. If repeat is set to 0, auto stays on all the time like normal.

By special request



adsinaus, MTZ8302, comedoo and 1 others like this.
BrianTee is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,680
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
And i removed it, misunderstood. Will be sending a status bit instead.

doppelgrau likes this.
BrianTee is online now  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,680
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
But I'm still not sure which sentence needs to contain the status. I'm assuming its for control of an opener on off to create a line, but not sure.
BrianTee is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: near Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
I like the feature!
Looking in the PGN I found 3 possible placese, but all have troubles
- use Section 16, the highest bit in highbyte, but we will loose the possibility to go to 16 sections
- use uturn byte: pro: could be defined free via GUI by user con: 8 ways out from AOG aren't much
- use rate setpoint right, highest bit in highbyte: would only cause conflict when using dual rate, but still possible, only the range would be half, as on bit less

I would prefer the last one: highest bit in rate setpoint right of section controll sentence.

Just my 2 ct.

Matthias
MTZ8302 is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,680
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Rate needs some work, maybe we should add another pgn for things like the volume coming back as int rather then byte etc.


Or a pgn for just the switches?
BrianTee is online now  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: near Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Rate needs some work, maybe we should add another pgn for things like the volume coming back as int rather then byte etc.


Or a pgn for just the switches?
I agree, rate needs some work. First the question: I can't find the dual rate any more. For what reason is it out, no need, causing trouble? I liked the feature and if it worked i would like to keep it.
If we kick it out, there are bits in the Arduino to AOG switches and bytes for the rates free.
If we keep it, we different pgn for the switches and the rates would be good, as the switches could only be send when changed, but then immediately, whereas the rates should be send at 1 Hz.

So suggestion for Arduino to AOG: new pgn for rates.
But our problem is the other way, tramlines from AOG to Arduino.

No space in the autosteer sentence, hardly one bit in the section control, by cutting it from rate right.

So first decision dual rate yes or no.

Greetings Matthias
MTZ8302 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,680
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 2483 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZ8302 View Post
I agree, rate needs some work. First the question: I can't find the dual rate any more. For what reason is it out, no need, causing trouble? I liked the feature and if it worked i would like to keep it.
If we kick it out, there are bits in the Arduino to AOG switches and bytes for the rates free.
If we keep it, we different pgn for the switches and the rates would be good, as the switches could only be send when changed, but then immediately, whereas the rates should be send at 1 Hz.

So suggestion for Arduino to AOG: new pgn for rates.
But our problem is the other way, tramlines from AOG to Arduino.

No space in the autosteer sentence, hardly one bit in the section control, by cutting it from rate right.

So first decision dual rate yes or no.

Greetings Matthias

Took dual out because it was a bit complicated and hard to catch errors, was hoping maybe to fix the rate stuff, but wasn't sure anyone was using it. Bit of a side convo is the possibility of VR and maybe combining rates for anything and VR mapping etc.



My thoughts would be to get rate with single channel working well. Can always add a second channel as its just a duplicate of the one side, which is why it is called left, you just refactor the code and change the left to right. So I guess think about what is needed, don't be shy about adding pgns and complete sentences.



Do we need 16 channels? OR is 12 more then sufficient? Or 8?
BrianTee is online now  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: near Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Took dual out because it was a bit complicated and hard to catch errors, was hoping maybe to fix the rate stuff, but wasn't sure anyone was using it. Bit of a side convo is the possibility of VR and maybe combining rates for anything and VR mapping etc.



My thoughts would be to get rate with single channel working well. Can always add a second channel as its just a duplicate of the one side, which is why it is called left, you just refactor the code and change the left to right. So I guess think about what is needed, don't be shy about adding pgns and complete sentences.



Do we need 16 channels? OR is 12 more then sufficient? Or 8?
12 sections are in use by some guys for corn planters. I kept the last 4 to 16 free, as they may fit in the bytes. I don't know, how much pc horsepower the 4 more would need, so I wouldn't change the 2 bytes, max 16 sections.

At this moment I use a dual liquids, so dual rate sprayer in my vineyards, to spray the grapes and the leaf different. But it is all manual, no flowmeter rate control.

I looked back in the sk21 overflow threat, it's only a problem form Arduino to AOG, so here a new rate only sentence would help.

For the other way, we hijack the bit from rateset right or put it in the section control settings, there are bytes free, or
New suggestion add a new sentence tool control and a sentence tool answers/alerts.
This would be the best idea to have space fore future bits and controls for the tools.

Thoughts?
The German guys are in the fields right now, planting sugar beets or barely.

https://github.com/mtz8302/AOG_ESP32...scription.xlsx

Greetings Matthias
BrianTee and dairytech like this.
MTZ8302 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 04:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: near Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 184
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Another suggestion to tramlines: some use section control for corn planters. So it might be good to separate it from section control: send an new, additional signal for the tramlines, so e.g. for sugar beet planters the Arduino could combin the signals and switch the rows for tramlines off additionally to the section control. For 3m airseeders for wheat only the tramlines are needed to close the rows. To completely independent would be good.
MTZ8302 is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Austria
Posts: 782
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)

Cool can Bus Video.

I think we need more space for data send to arduino for future projects...

BrianTee, WTalen and dairytech like this.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Andreas Ortner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Afternarket JD section control lion Planting & Tillage 16 03-11-2018 08:05 PM
AOG Section Control Tutorial BrianTee Technology 2 02-14-2018 09:23 AM
Seeding with section control: Shanks in or out of ground Jake676 Planting & Tillage 21 07-05-2015 11:06 AM
Air cart broadcast boom section control? doorknob Sprayers / Chemicals / Fertilizer 0 01-30-2013 10:47 PM
Section control for boom spray madsnake Technology 14 08-22-2012 07:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome