• 1 Post By f_armer
  • 1 Post By f_armer
  • 1 Post By f_armer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question Envizio Pro Settings & Versatile 450 4wd Tractors

2014 Versatile 450 4wd articulated tractor with a Raven Envisio Pro & Smartrax auto steer. Just looking for user experience with this set up. New to us tractor and some unfamiliarity with the Raven settings. Some of the typical measurements for antenna distances seem “ off “ in the settings. Just wondering if other users have numbers they would post for comparison. I realize in some set-ups that physical measurements accuracy doesn’t always equate to better auto-steering performance, can make it worse actually. Things like antenna height, antenna fore/aft, etc...

I will be quizzing a Raven guy but I sure appreciate the experience from people who actually run the thing 12-14 hours a day and have good results.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-29-2019, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I havent found I've ever needed to tweek the measurements to improve steering, not saying measurements dont matter, but i think as long as they are close its good enough.
As far as other settings, usually tweaking line sensitivity can improve wander issues, too high will wiggle on the line, too low will wander slowly. Usually its easy to find the right number that works.
Line aquire i usually dont mess with, it just sets how fast it steers back to the line. The basic calibration should be good enough.
The one thing i usually do is go into the pwm settings, turn it off auto, and manually enter about a 15% min 80%max for left and right. For whatever reason, i find it steers better that way.
Other than that i find articulated tractors steer pretty darn good after the initial calibration, front steer, and rear steer(combines)take a bit more fooling with.
I have cruizers or envizio pros in everything, some are smartsteer (steering wheel motors) and some are smarttrax. Ive never had a complaint, it just takes some fiddling on the initial calibration.
I have a 450 delta track so i could share my numbers, but they are prob same numbers as you already have.
Also you'll have a sense wire behind the seat you can hook to your seeder switch if you want it to paint the screen when the seeder is seeding in case you didnt know.

Swinky likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info f_armer ! I have more hands - on experience with Trimble product and older Outback stuff.

Only got to use the tractor on a few acres last fall due to the lovely harvest weather delays. Seemed to steer decent enough but the left/ right antenna position was set to right and then a 7inch offset put in, when the physical placement of the antenna was centered on the cab roof... odd to my thinking.

I will browse through the menus to see what my other settings are at, Pwm etc. Will be looking for the switch for the drill too! 👍🏻👍🏻

Do you use higher accuracy corrections? Not a fan of Wass for seeding... Have used Omnistar on the trimbles, and Rangepoint works very well for the money.

Cheers,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 04:29 PM

The past few years i used omnistar xp, but last year i just used waas, it wasn't quite as accurate, but not bad. I'll probably use waas again this year. Im too cheap to unlock this new receiver for the raven gs signal

The antenna offset depends on what the previous guy was pulling, i put in a 3" offset with my drill, (morris contour) it must not pull straight? My antenna is centered also
Swinky likes this.

Last edited by f_armer; 03-30-2019 at 04:33 PM.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Ah ok, never thought of that. Funny we use a Morris Contour as well! Have not noticed any drafting... but I do need to move a shank holder or two, not quite where they should be on the frame. Slight OCD with the measuring tape ... Have also used Omnistar Xp but the US dollar exchange makes that pretty pricey these days. No unlock on this Envisio either...more $$. Is the Raven GS comparable to Omnistar accuracy wise?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:29 PM

Knowledge base - What to Expect from GPS Corrections

Knowledge base - How to Tell which GPS Engine Is in an Envizio Pro II

I think the GS signal is as good or better?
I'd subscibe if there wasn't that stupid unlock fee, i dont remeber for sure, but it seems to me it was close to $4000 to unlock the capability.
I'm just doing a 1 man revolt because it ticked me off that i pay $400k for a tractor and they still want to charge more to make it steer accurately.
Swinky likes this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the links, I don’t find Raven’s website that intuitive... I will check into the pricing structure ASAP. I know what ya mean about the unlocks , lots of dollars tied up in these tractors and still more to pay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page