Trimble field iq - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
brs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Trimble field iq

We run all John deere receivers and displays, and was thinking about buying a new Holland pull type sprayer for top dressing and the odd spraying job it has a 6 section field IQ. Does field IQ work for sectional control or is it just to turn on sections manually. Have no experience with Trimble just trying to understand it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Field IQ does section control.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I run a 5 section feild iq for liquid fertilizer on my seed hawk. feild iq is section control thro trimbel. I bought and installed it all 2 yrs ago myself. Pros are It works very nice for the price tag and is extreamly accurate and easy to use when it works. cons are coming from a deere display trimbel is a little trickier to navigate around but not terrible. Trimbel in my experiance has very little product support. Feild iq is not very common so good luck finding a dealership that will help troubleshoot problems/know anything even though they will sell you anything. Already had a fried controle modual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180511_131321_1556534547273.jpg (5.01 MB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
brs

So now if wanted section control would need a let's say 750 display and a receiver to know when to shut it off? Would probably use the deere stuff still for steering and tractor. No way they could be connected to deere receiver for known location?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Just use the Trimble. You need a FM750 or 1000 with the field IQ box to have section and rate control. Trimble makes a good product and doesn't take money from you every time you turn around like the Deere. Their last money grab with just telling you your system is outdated and won't work and you need to purchase new is a huge money grab. It can have up to 15 sections controlled I believe. The system isn't hard to operate at all. It asks you the questions and you type in the answers for set up. I have had my Trimbles for 10 yrs now and had my first problem last fall with my ez pilot. There is a place in the states that repairs them but I have purchased a new EZpilot and will send them the broke one to get fixed. Likely just a broken wire or circuit internally. Nothing Deere makes is compatible with anything else. They make sure of that.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Today, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
brs

K thanks so will need at least a 750 display and a receiver to control the sectional control. Right
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in