2Likes
  • 1 Post By apm
  • 1 Post By WTalen

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
AgOpenGps - AB line problem

Would like to use AgOpenGps for planting. The idea that would suit us is the following. We plot a line (AB Line) and then specify the end point. This then makes all lines to drive. Making the AB Line succeeds, but the x number of plant beds not. Can someone help me deal with this?

Example of the idea is the Youtube video 'Self Driving AB lines' from FarmerBrianTee. However, the button (Helicopter tab, Generate button) is disabled in my version (AG 2019-05-07).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
I'm trying to figure out what you mean by "x number of plant beds". Let's say you were planting corn with a 12 row planter. Are you looking for the row numbers to be listed on the screen so that your first AB-line would have 12 "sub lines" (1-12) noting where the rows of corn are and then your second AB line would have rows 13-24. What I've done before is make sections for rows but this doesn't make anything paint on screen.

Is what you're looking for in the picture below?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rows.JPG (45.2 KB, 9 views)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 11:17 PM
apm

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Wilbert, I'm probably right off track but I read heaky's question as trying to do something different, like in vegetable beds where each bed is 1 a-b line pass, and wants to divide the width of field evenly.

If so just measure width of field, divide by width of machine, then round down to next even number of passes, divide field width by answer to set as machine width.
WTalen likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

Think APM is in the right direction. We plant 1 bed (1.5 meters wide) very slowly at a time. Small tractor (Shibaura SE3040) with two plant trolleys behind it, in which people plant by hand. Hope this clarifies it.

How can we record an AB line from a starting point and then have the rest of the beds drawn? So that we can drive straight from bed to bed.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 02:11 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heaky View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Think APM is in the right direction. We plant 1 bed (1.5 meters wide) very slowly at a time. Small tractor (Shibaura SE3040) with two plant trolleys behind it, in which people plant by hand. Hope this clarifies it.

How can we record an AB line from a starting point and then have the rest of the beds drawn? So that we can drive straight from bed to bed.
Maybe set the section width to the distance from center to center of planting beds (perhaps 1,5 m). You could set 1 section 150 cm. You can find it under Vehicle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

I have 1 section at 150cm. So my tool width is now 150cm.

When I draw my AB line the view is ok. I see my AB line with 2 blue center lines left and two at the right. When I move to the next bed at the right, the view also moves to the right. Is it possible to draw all center lines allready and keep that always in my view?

Like the youtube video I mentioned in my first post.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:

When I draw my AB line the view is ok. I see my AB line with 2 blue center lines left and two at the right. When I move to the next bed at the right, the view also moves to the right. Is it possible to draw all center lines allready and keep that always in my view?

I missed the video info! But i think I get it now, you would like to be able to jump to a specific bed and plant that one. Perhaps have Collecting "roads" every 6 th.(or so) planting bed. So at least we need to be able to see what number bed (to the right or left of the first bed) we are driving in at , just as we see in the picture earlier.
As it is now you could "prepare" the field for the 6 beds one road version(choose your own version), by setting 7 sections of 150 cm, then drive/apply the field with the center section off, save the field and reopen, then again set only one section of 150 cm. This way it would be easier to navigate around the field.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:

This feature is already built in somewhat. I had a similar question in the past. If your tool width is 150cm and you start your AB line at one end of the field (your start point) it will be AB line 0 and all the other ones will be numbered (See yellow circle) I don't think you can have all the AB lines displayed at once but at least you can use the number to navigate to the the plant bed you want. See below also see Brian's video on tramlines (tramlines set with red circle below).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABlines.JPG (109.0 KB, 7 views)
LarsVest likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page