Ardusimple RTK - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 06:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
it is simple with the f9. you can configure each port what is going in and what is going out..

so you can use the xbee lora to get rtcm from base station.

then you can use uart tx1 to send to the second (heading) f9

Jays_Truck likes this.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Why not let gpsd (https://gpsd.gitlab.io/gpsd/index.html) running on a raspberry pi handle the gory details of receiving the data from the GPS(s) and then the data can be shared on any interface. The heavy lifting of parsing NMEA or ubx at 10Hz can be moved out of AoG and replaced by a simple json query to the gpsd daemon running on the rpi. gpsd is getting better and better support for F9P as we speak, and the new 3.19 version is about to be released.

post #33 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
But most folks aren't using an pi with AOG, nor do I think they really need the complication of another computer in the mix. For those already using a pi for other things it might make sense.

If gpsd (or compatible program) could run on Windows alongside AOG, then that might be an option worth implementing. In the meantime I'm sure Brian is open to patches that add gpsd json requests to AOG. That's what open source is for after all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
But most folks aren't using an pi with AOG.
This probably belongs in a different thread, but seeing as raspberry pi was mentioned, I was wondering today if a pi could run everything. I expect the GUI takes the most horsepower, but otherwise it could take the place of the PC and Arduino with the right shields?
post #35 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:43 PM

I think the Pi has enough horsepower to do everything. However at present AOG will not run on the pi. It depends on some x86 binary dlls, as well as winforms. If a Qt port is completed, then it would definitely run on the pi. And yes it could probably do all the things we're using arduino for as well. But then you have the problem of the touch screen, as well as power management issues. Definitely doable and it's interesting to me.
post #36 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Ortner View Post

here is my first test and example of a dual heading and roll system with 2 ublox f9 and one arduino mega.

agopen is connected to the arduino mega receives nmea and sends rtcm.

mega is connected via uart to both f9.

passes trough nmea form first and parses and calculates heading und roll from second f9
Cool, What about using tree F9P's then you get heading roll and pitch
Jesper
post #37 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 03:58 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
I think the Pi has enough horsepower to do everything. However at present AOG will not run on the pi. It depends on some x86 binary dlls, as well as winforms. If a Qt port is completed, then it would definitely run on the pi. And yes it could probably do all the things we're using arduino for as well. But then you have the problem of the touch screen, as well as power management issues. Definitely doable and it's interesting to me.
Plenty of power with the Raspberry Pi 4 now released.
post #38 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:02 AM

Also there are plenty of other similar boards that already were more capable than the Pi, such as the Orange Pi.
post #39 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Also there are plenty of other similar boards that already were more capable than the Pi, such as the Orange Pi.
I have two some-sort-of pi boards, but have not touched them yet. Every review I read always comes back to the raspberry pi having the best os and user support.
post #40 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiakDK View Post
Cool, What about using three F9P's then you get heading roll and pitch
I'm waiting for my three-up shield board to arrive because frankly I think I need a bigger power supply, and I'm running out of UARTs

I'm of the opinion that I can do this reasonably effectively with a pair of NEO-M8P's acting as the secondary and tertiary units against the ZED-F9P primary.

Anyhow I have the parts, and will build both ways, the firmware is the same either way.

torriem likes this.

NFA Crew - Viking-Sorcery
Team uBlox - Team STM32
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page