post #51 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiakDK View Post
Cool, What about using three F9P's then you get heading roll and pitch
I'm waiting for my three-up shield board to arrive because frankly I think I need a bigger power supply, and I'm running out of UARTs

I'm of the opinion that I can do this reasonably effectively with a pair of NEO-M8P's acting as the secondary and tertiary units against the ZED-F9P primary.

Anyhow I have the parts, and will build both ways, the firmware is the same either way.
I have four simpleRTK2B LR.
One as base and the last ones as rovers.
I currently don’t use them because I’m still working on the tractor. I think it would be a very good solution to use the simpleRTK2B units. I know it’s not a cheap solution but they come as prebuilt and easy to mount and replace on a nice three-up shield. So I’m very interested in your the project:-)

Last edited by TiakDK; 06-26-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
The main board came in, so going to be busy this weekend

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190627_220634_shrunk_cropped_rotated.jpg (710.8 KB, 48 views)
BrianTee likes this.

NFA Crew - Viking-Sorcery
Team uBlox - Team STM32
post #53 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 03:48 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
The main board came in, so going to be busy this weekend
Wow that looks so great. Are you using the ESP?.
What is the idea with the extra sockets for the Xbee.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Did anybody in Canada order one of these boards and have to pay DHL a $69.17 customs fee? I thought international shipping fee would have waived this. I emailed Ardusimple about this but haven't heard back yet.
post #55 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
[QUOTE=WTalen;3342643]Did anybody in Canada order one of these boards and have to pay DHL a $69.17 customs fee? I thought international shipping fee would have waived this. I emailed Ardusimple about this but haven't heard back yet.[/QUOTE
I don't think arduSimple charged me anything extra other then international shipping and I had to pay DHL for importing it.
WTalen likes this.
post #56 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
I don't recall paying anything extra for my Ardusimple boards. I don't recall how they were shipped either. I can't find any email receipts for duties paid. I don't think I was charged any.

That reminds me my repaired boards are stuck in the DHL system somewhere. I should call them tomorrow and find out what happened to it.
WTalen likes this.
post #57 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTalen View Post
Did anybody in Canada order one of these boards and have to pay DHL a $69.17 customs fee? I thought international shipping fee would have waived this. I emailed Ardusimple about this but haven't heard back yet.
GST and their $15 brokerage fee
WTalen likes this.
post #58 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiakDK View Post
Wow that looks so great. Are you using the ESP? What is the idea with the extra sockets for the Xbee.
I'm using STM32 processors, I had some boards built with F750, F756 and H743 parts. At some point might port Micro-Python over.
The MikroE and XBee on the main board can support Cellular modems, we can route 5V to XBee supply for those boards supporting higher voltage/current.
Janus XF Cellular Modems
At that point we can implement an "RTK Bridge"

The board has CAN, and a header option for a WaveShare Ethernet module.

Just a note to other posters, ArduSimple is not responsible for customs/tariffs levied by local authorities, they won't have charged you VAT at EU rates, and would have stated the value on the shipping declarations. They aren't going to mark stuff as "Gifts" and frankly the customs guys are clearly aware of such dodges and are X-Raying everything. Carriers like DHL/FedEx will balance bill you to release the packages.

Working to get USA/NA distribution
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190629_103220_cropped.jpg (2.00 MB, 25 views)
WTalen likes this.

NFA Crew - Viking-Sorcery
Team uBlox - Team STM32

Last edited by clive1; 06-29-2019 at 11:39 AM.
post #59 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
@clive1
How's the triple board working out?

I have two simpleRTK2B boards that I'd like to use in a moving base setup (for heading & tilt compensation) with rtcm corrections from my piksi multi base.
At what rate do I need to feed them the rtcm corrections? Do I have to do the tilt calculations myself externally? How about heading? Are there configurations available online to download?
torriem likes this.
post #60 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hello

Quote:
Well the ArduSimple boards don't contain micro-controllers, so the relative antenna positions is pulled from a NED vector (North, East, Down from UBX-NAV-RELPOSNED). The math involved is high school level geometry, early teens stuff in my rough recollection of UK schools, probably late teens in USA.

I know people who've spent a lot of money on electronic compass solutions, and been very highly dissatisfied. The simple dual antenna arrangement is quite effective, especially if one can decide on a left-right, front-back orientation for the vehicle, based on the angle you've got critical interest in. Precision comes from the separation you can achieve between the antennas.

Not sure I'd build a 3-antenna system with ZED's, I'd probably opt for an L1 NEO-M8P solution for the secondary and tertiary antennas, would likely be fine on a tractor with a large open field. It doesn't even need a full RTK fixed/float solution to get a good vector model.

I do have a 3-shield motherboard on it's way.

Thank for your answer, I did not know the NED vector bedore. But I still doest understood how the NED vector is generate by the 2 boards without micro-controleur : you still need a micro-controleur to calculate the NED vector based on the data of the 2 antena ?

Thank,

Math

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page