Steer Position Zero. Value ? - The Combine Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Steer Position Zero. Value ?

Would some be able to provide me some guidance on the steerposzero variable within the code? I am using the pcb with the Delphi steering angle sensor. My raw value is around -40000. Does that sound right? I can’t get it to zero out even with making software adjustments. Could you please advise me what value to put in the codes so I can get this to work? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2403 Post(s)
Oh something is wrong because even at 15 bits single ended 16,000 should be about the middle. As in if the sensor is putting out 2.5 v times 0.6666 (gain is set to 2/3) is 1.67 volts which is 1.67/5.0 of the way to 32,000 which is around 11,000.

Clear as mud i bet.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 11:24 PM Thread Starter

Please note that I’m only referencing the raw data from sensor number. I was able to get a different number to roughlyt 100 or so by changing the Steer angle sensor zero and Counts per degree. This is the first number that shows in a series of 5 numbers separated by commas. I’m not 100 percent on what all of these numbers represent.
Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

What do I do to resolve the issue? I have all 4 connections connected to the pcb. Ground and low are together on the steering angle sensor side. Then high and 5v are individual. Where do I go next?
Thanks,
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
It sounds like maybe a rotational steering angle sensor is being employed like may be used in a modern automotive design?

Unfortunately a large amount of agricultural equipment uses a single steering cylinder with no compensation for reduced cylinder volume on the shaft side of the piston. In that case the degree counts would be very considerably different to actual wheel headings depending on whether the steering wheel is being rotated left or right from lock to lock.

I’m shutting up again now. Carry on boys.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 AM

If you are using a very unique pcb with a sensor no one has really tried, it will be very difficult to help without links etc to what you are using. Are you sure it is even an analog output? Which Delphi sensor? And which pcb?

Normally you only need 5v and a gnd to power the sensor. Then the output of the sensor from 0 to 5v goes to high input. The low does not require a connection.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

I attempted to use my own WAS several months back with no luck. I changed gears and decided to use Brian's AutoSteer PCB design and the Delphi ER10031. Page 27 suggests to hook it up using 4 connections on the PCB. The low and ground connections go together. The rest was the same. Is that no longer the case? Thanks.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker2 View Post
I attempted to use my own WAS several months back with no luck. I changed gears and decided to use Brian's AutoSteer PCB design and the Delphi ER10031. Page 27 suggests to hook it up using 4 connections on the PCB. The low and ground connections go together. The rest was the same. Is that no longer the case? Thanks.

The delphi has the 3 connections. Hook the +5v to the +5v. Hook the ground to the board ground - not the "Low". Hook the delphi output to the high of the ADS1115. There is no connection required to the "low".

Verify with a voltmeter on the output of the sensor you are getting around 2.5v from the Delphi out when the wheels are pointing straight ahead.
wvca likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

I will give that a try and get back to you later this week. Does anyone else have this configuration? If so, did you have to adjust the code? Or did you leave the existing setting on 1530?
Thanks!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 05:12 PM
WW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornhusker2 View Post
I will give that a try and get back to you later this week. Does anyone else have this configuration? If so, did you have to adjust the code? Or did you leave the existing setting on 1530?
Thanks!
I use basic pcb and delphi was. Works great. I don't know what you mean by existing setting at 1530

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page