Tell me about Climate FieldView - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Our farm just started using it this year.
You(or dealer) will need to order the correct harness adaptor for your setup. It basically is just a splice for the field drive bluetooth thingy to plug into. Some machines, i understand, the field drive can just plug into one of your diagnostic ports. Its not too scary getting that setup.
You will need an Ipad in the cab. Although, once it's setup to record, you really dont even need to look at it if you don't want to.
If you're spraying for instance, it will display basically the same stuff your factory screen displays. If you have a data/sim card in your ipad it will also display weather info, like wind speed/direction, temperature etc linked to time of spraying that can be referenced at a later time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymo View Post
You will need an Ipad in the cab.
This may sound like a funny question, can the Ipad be positioned in a vertical orientation?
Reason is for Libra scale system app vertical orientation shows much more info and control on the screen. Also takes less horizontal room on the monitor cab side bar, lol.

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 06-27-2019, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
I've long given up explaining why paying to give all your data to a company that you are dependent upon for inputs and pricing isn't a good thing. Farmers want the "carry all the risk yet profit share" future.

I'm such a dinosaur.
I'm far from a dinosaur and I can still tell you that you are not alone. Two fertilizer and seed dealers hounded me all last winter to try this, and I kept saying no. Well guess what, they still showed up with all of the free climate parts and the free iPad. I haven't paid for anything and it all just sits in my office collecting dust. It should really tell you something if they are willing to give it to you for free and make you wonder what are they getting out of this? The opportunities for them are endless. They can literally map a farms profit based on yield data and all of the mapped inputs, outside rainfall data, and dates. This could end in anything from varying prices regionally, to them having an edge over the USDA's projections and trading commodities based on their inside knowledge.

Once they think they are no longer taking new customers, they will start punishing those that do not use the software and squeezing them out. This will probably come in the form of discounts on seed and chemicals for their loyal users.
wheatking and BrianTee like this.

Last edited by HoRFarmsJesse; 06-27-2019 at 12:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Well, funny timing. Dealer just called and told me climate is offering me $4000 in the form of rebate to use climate this year while harvesting my corn.

Its good that they are finally offering to pay for data, but something stinks here and Im not falling for it, though it proves my second point about making an unlevel playing field between their users and non users.
adsinaus likes this.

Last edited by HoRFarmsJesse; 07-12-2019 at 09:46 AM.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:56 PM

Location: North of west palm beach FL and where you all want to visit
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRFarmsJesse View Post
Well, funny timing. Dealer just called and told me climate is offering me $4000 in the form of rebate to use climate this year while harvesting my corn.

Its good that they are finally offering to pay for data, but something stinks here and Im not falling for it, though it proves my second point about making an unlevel playing field between their users and non users.
How do I get this rebate
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillon1990 View Post
How do I get this rebate
Talk to your chem retailer. I'm on my second year of "free". They're skimming data, they just won't get all they are looking for from me.
adsinaus likes this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 11:38 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Literally one step closer to corporate serfdom

The trading desks at ADM, Louie, Cargill etc are going to love y'all
Snipe, Ozzie, adsinaus and 3 others like this.

Last edited by Slashnburn2; 07-12-2019 at 11:42 PM.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2414 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoRFarmsJesse View Post
I'm far from a dinosaur and I can still tell you that you are not alone. Two fertilizer and seed dealers hounded me all last winter to try this, and I kept saying no. Well guess what, they still showed up with all of the free climate parts and the free iPad. I haven't paid for anything and it all just sits in my office collecting dust. It should really tell you something if they are willing to give it to you for free and make you wonder what are they getting out of this? The opportunities for them are endless. They can literally map a farms profit based on yield data and all of the mapped inputs, outside rainfall data, and dates. This could end in anything from varying prices regionally, to them having an edge over the USDA's projections and trading commodities based on their inside knowledge.

Once they think they are no longer taking new customers, they will start punishing those that do not use the software and squeezing them out. This will probably come in the form of discounts on seed and chemicals for their loyal users.

You are exactly right. Vary price regionally or by yield performance on your own farm one day. It's important to consider what you are giving up for those pretty colorful pictures in your cab.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 1458 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnburn2 View Post
Literally one step closer to corporate serfdom

We're there now. At lwast they'll have accurate data as opposed to the USDA bogus numbers. It would actually be in our favor this year.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 03:44 AM Thread Starter
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnburn2 View Post
Really?!
Ill just adjust cal number so it only reads 1/2 then!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page