5Likes
  • 3 Post By Andreas Ortner
  • 2 Post By BrianTee

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
QtOpenGuidance

after some attempts to port agopengps to other platforms christian also wanted to do it. First he wanted to clean up the C # code a bit.

But he realized that the whole system is too complicated to work on.

So he decided to rewrite the program from scratch. As a basis, he chose QT5 and Qt3D, which runs on many platforms.

So he took logic from agopengps and tried to do it in his own way.

the whole is currently only a small demo. christian has set himself the goal just to start and see how far he comes in a month and if the whole thing works that way.

Everyone is invited to participate in the project.

https://github.com/eringerli/QtOpenGuidance

QtOpenGuidance

A software to do a GPS-based guidance of farming equipment. It uses a principle called "dataflow programming": basicaly this means every module of the software receives, modifies and then sends data. These modules are then connected in a meaningful way, so a calculation network does the job of transforming the input data (GPS, wheelangle, roll, heading...) to a 3D-view on the screen and finally outputs commmands for the equipment (steering commands, hitch, section control, etc).

you can join the development at telgramm group or github

https://t.me/QtOpenGuidance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2019-06-30_19-55-53.jpg (110.8 KB, 24 views)
torriem, BrianTee and apm like this.

Questions on agopengps? Just look into the wiki at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. Thanks to all contributors!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 04:15 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Microsoft generally recommends keeping class coupling below 9 as kind of a max. AgopenGPS has a stellar 286 all based off of FormGPS - but that is a serious limitation of winforms which is a main form based system. The maintainability is 67% - which is not too bad for 23,000 lines of code.

While its a lot easier to delete code rather then write it, I have created an "new" application called ABC that is essentially Contour, AB LIne, and Curve guidance. Significantly smaller and simpler. I'll put it on github.

I'm really looking forward to seeing it run in Qt. While AOG is written in C#, it is easily ported to C++ since I minimized a lot of C# only code to match methods of C++ with the future intent of it always ending up as a C++ application.

Andreas Ortner and dairytech like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page