At what price will Red Lentils hit the ceiling? - Page 9 - The Combine Forum
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-12-2015, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver 88 View Post
So as of now, is this 2 cents off the high for the new crop price?
The highest i have heard was 39.5 cents FOB, and AOG, and 41 cents delivered no AOG.! I think the non AOG at Richardsons and Viterra are down to 39 now

Advertisement

post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 12:07 PM
RKD

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
So is anybody going to sell as it's going down or is this just a scare tactic

post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 09:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Just got back from austrial.. They were dry just like us and the Lental yeilds were down same as here.. But there is lots of talk there about next season and they sow in late April/ may just like we do..

They are a bit behind us in farming practices but learning quick, flex headers are not common, but are talked about, once they are set up it will be a entire new game for us over here.. There paddocks or fields or Lental perfect, there climate from what I understand is better suited than we, with less temp spreads.. they had less yeilds than us this year but ussally get late Rains, this year was much less

They need some better infrastructure for holding these crops, some terminals are actually setting long term farmers up with storage that is required by them, one farmer I met had the terminal buyer at his farm for the Lental harvest storing grades and quaility as per there demand.. Something we never even heard about here

As for market price I took a picture of the grain corps prices last week and it figures old crop out at 51cents a lb, witch was inline with the text I received from Vitera in Grassey that day.. Once they get more into market I see there prices being better as there cost to India is much less

I think I might be locking some in real soon as I had seen 40 cents with aog locally.. As I see less upside now than downside, and Auzzy farmers are making sowing decisions just like us in next month or two
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 501 Post(s)
With these high new crop contract prices and if there is an abundance of lentils grown I can see a whole new set of grading techniques being invented to try to screw us on grades.
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
They have not hit the ceiling here in oz yet, they just keep gaining, big moves every day it seems. Could go anywhere methinks. Every one I talk to locally has already quit there new crop lentils apart from small percentages still being held. But remember nothing stays very dear or very cheap for very long!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page