The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   Marketing (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/32-marketing/)
-   -   Checkoff deadline nearing, get back your well deservd money! (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/32-marketing/270289-checkoff-deadline-nearing-get-back-your-well-deservd-money.html)

hihi962 07-31-2016 03:28 PM

Checkoff deadline nearing, get back your well deservd money!
 
With the low prices floating around we are gonna need every dollar we can produce.
If thats not reason enough, then buy something nice! An education fund for the kids, a pair of boobs for the wife.. Heck get a pair of boobs for yourself even!
Its your money they are clawing from us and the deadline is end of the month for our checkoff dollars

Just a reminder

BrianTee 07-31-2016 03:39 PM

What is it that commissions do so poorly that rather then grow the industry that money would be better spent on a boob job?

361turbo 08-01-2016 01:06 AM

Think alot of the money that ive spent would be better spent on a boob job.😀

SWMan 08-01-2016 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hihi962 (Post 2516657)
the deadline is end of the month for our checkoff dollars

Just a reminder

C'mon man, 10.5 hours notice on a Sunday.....:wink:

I think we have 5 different check-off's to apply for and they are all different in some way, most with different deadlines. What a PITA!!!:mad:

BrianTee 08-01-2016 02:00 AM

So who's job is it to make sure in Ottawa that the little bit of trade parity we have isn't continually sucked away as trade tariffs given up by dairy?

Who fights for things like generics and their access?

Who pushes back on grading changes that benefit grain buyers and screw farmers?

Who goes toe to toe with transport canada fighting for fair rail for grain movement? Who pushes back against CFIA and health canada about registration legislation?

Who fights to keep a science based registration system?

Who will do agronomic research that the government only matches with dollars first put up by farmers?

Or a thousand other things that seemingly everyone, everything and every country wants to erode what you get and keep for themselves?

I guess the rest of us so that you will benefit from them, enjoy your new boobs.

SWMan 08-01-2016 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianTee (Post 2517697)
So who's job is it to make sure in Ottawa that the little bit of trade parity we have isn't continually sucked away as trade tariffs given up by dairy?

Who fights for things like generics and their access?

Who pushes back on grading changes that benefit grain buyers and screw farmers?

Who goes toe to toe with transport canada fighting for fair rail for grain movement? Who pushes back against CFIA and health canada about registration legislation?

Who fights to keep a science based registration system?

Who will do agronomic research that the government only matches with dollars first put up by farmers?

Or a thousand other things that seemingly everyone, everything and every country wants to erode what you get and keep for themselves?

I guess the rest of us so that you will benefit from them, enjoy your new boobs.

Well I don't know but there isn't much evidence of check-off dollars accomplishing any of that.

Maybe it should go:
Who will go to trade fairs and hand out pens and trinkets?

Who will hire cooks to travel around to schools?

Who will do more redundant seeding speed trials?

Who will collapse the standardized variety testing procedures?

Who will go to foreign countries with government officials that won't hold a position in mere months?

Who will have their annual meetings in sunny exotic locations?

Who will make it as difficult as possible for producers to get THEIR money back if they don't support what is going on?


I think we all know the answers to these questions...:rolleyes:

BrianTee 08-01-2016 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 2517729)
Well I don't know but there isn't much evidence of check-off dollars accomplishing any of that.

Nothing more to add to that statement. You don't know.

SWMan 08-01-2016 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianTee (Post 2517769)
Nothing more to add to that statement. You don't know.

Well I think the responsibility should lie with these organizations to explain what, if anything, useful they are doing with producers money...I shouldn't have to cover for them.

All of the stuff you mentioned is either woefully inadequate or stuff they have already screwed up, so if you are making a wish-list I can get that. I think we need to place our hope/trust/money somewhere else though. However all the stuff I mentioned has happened, but somehow I don't know???

albertabuck 08-01-2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 2518105)
Well I think the responsibility should lie with these organizations to explain what, if anything, useful they are doing with producers money...I shouldn't have to cover for them.

All of the stuff you mentioned is either woefully inadequate or stuff they have already screwed up, so if you are making a wish-list I can get that. I think we need to place our hope/trust/money somewhere else though. However all the stuff I mentioned has happened, but somehow I don't know???

I think you are much like myself, honest and up front about things, which for most things is good, but that's not how the game is played behind the scenes. Was why like I have always joked about how I was the biggest public relations nightmare to ever hit the oil patch. Wasn't that I didn't know how to tear out a rig or what went where when putting it back together, it was how I dealt with the politics and political correctness of the people involved, and I'm not speaking of lease grunts either. Thus my style and methods, while very productive work and production wise, were not considered acceptable by most fairly high up the food chain. And this is how I see it with these groups who we are giving those checkoffs to. They do the shoomzing and asskissing that we don't think is important, which unfortunately is how the game is played. Do I think it is all spent in the most beneficial manner, no, not at all, but I do think there is something to be gained in the grand scheme of things in the end. And at least with those checkoffs, we are able to get our money back if we want, not like the bloody CWB where it was all in and nothing back. Which is rather funny really, given who started this thread...he hates giving money to organizations who possibly do some work to increase markets and such, but rues the day the CWB ceased to exist...

BrianTee 08-01-2016 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWMan (Post 2518105)
Well I think the responsibility should lie with these organizations to explain what, if anything, useful they are doing with producers money...I shouldn't have to cover for them.

Have you read the annual report cover to cover? Talked to the general manager? sat down and had lunch with them and had them explain the things the association is involved in on not only a local level but by representation and provincially, nationally, and internationally?

Its all there if you wish to find it.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.