49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 158 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by X80 View Post
Scary when you see there subsidy program as well (the so called free market)...Considering there economy like the USA the subsidy system makes sense to use...They to manufacture a large amount of there equipment used...plus they are close to EU population base. And there relationship with china means they have some markets there to cut into and help there buddy out.

If someone can tell me how this free market is actually free...id be interested to listen....

Ant...
Funny in usa grower producing 175 bushels per acre and still getting a govt payment???
Looked into multi peril crop insurance here super expensive and numbers didn't add up. A few grey areas as well. Farm bodies here suggesting maybe govt could pay a % of premium to offset cost kind of a indirect subsidy if you like. Think that's what happens in Canada. The guys selling it in Australia his name escapes me but crikeys he would leave most used car salesman for dead smooth as silk until a few hard questions get asked then a bit evasive

X80 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 158 (permalink) Old 10-23-2016, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Back to grain markets reckon things will flatline from here on in until our crop harvesting is started and quality and yields are known.
As long as corn hold up in usa I reckon wheat will as well.

post #153 of 158 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 04:18 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Have a load of lupins being delivered later this week ex southern Wimmera (goroke/Edenhope) delivered Hamilton for 330/tonne. I heard current F1 barley has firmed a bit delivered to feed mills because of weakening supply. Still interested to see what f1/f2 will command off the header.
X80 and small time operator like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 158 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

lupins 275 delivered ridleys Wasleys about 45 min north of Adelaide
trouble with lupins feed mills use soyabean meal as there protein can import it cheaply
post #155 of 158 (permalink) Old 10-24-2016, 07:24 AM
X80

Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Alot of the chick peas around clermont and emerald have mold...

Alot of fabas in...might be some ajistment around...some beans have been wet affected..l will walk a few when travelling home next week...price around $315...that can change quick at harvest...

Not much joy growing legumes at that price imo....

Grass and water supply in Aus dairy us good all over...feed everywhere...

Weve just hit 40"...for the year...

I am now growing summer barley not spring barley...a heathmere first!!!

Ant...
post #156 of 158 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:50 AM
X80

Well grain prices are interesting now...im guessing those who got the ASX futures will be laughing...if you bought enough of them.

Edenhope delivered for emerald...i use this price as its sort of half way between port and alot of grain growing area...its a rough guide...i add about $20 as to what it should be around Portland...rough rough figures of course.
AGP1 wheat $132
H2 $193... Will that pay for the urea or UAN?
F1 $136
Malt? Im guessing $160-170ish
Canola $500 ..still holding
I see hay prices on farm tender getting low...and on FB...
Feed oats at Ridleys st.arnaud $120
Milling oats? Havent heard...unigrain had forward contracts close to $300 start of year i think...
Lupins and beans..buy all you want at $300ish. Fat lambs down here would exceed that or go close on average yield.
Im assuming hay demand will be pooor for a bit yet as it will be green past xmas down here at this stage...protein hay might go ok for finishing sheep or cattle...

Im sowing barley nov 15th...crazy but the cost has been had now and its only 45 acres so will roll the dice....im happy i own a CTS for harvesting !!!

Ant...
post #157 of 158 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 01:23 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Not only has the frost smashed out yields but the late frost has made the barley very light. Cbh is setting up feed 3 stacks around the place and have been told will most likely only bring $60 per tonne. Still have to take freight and delivery charges out of that. Crops yielding bugger all just about not worth harvesting. ?
post #158 of 158 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 04:30 AM
X80

$60 a tonne...be worth making a stack at home and buying some tarp at that!!!, as you say once chargers are out and if your depreciating a newish harvester...need a good calculator to make that pencil out.

I remember when oats were $60 a tonne at St.Arnaud in early 90's..next year was dry...they doubled...

As always cash flow rules the decision making...

Thats bad news..sorry to hear...not the year to have low prices...no year is these days.

Ant...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page