World wheat prices - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
What are you guys in the US seeing for field pea pricing? Here local Richardson is $6.00 bu CAN delivered. Wondering how our tariffs from the India spat reflect in relation to US prices.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
What are you guys in the US seeing for field pea pricing? Here local Richardson is $6.00 bu CAN delivered. Wondering how our tariffs from the India spat reflect in relation to US prices.
Curious as to their price as well, but weren't the tariffs put on all pea imports, pretty sure they where.

post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazil08 View Post
Had virtually no CWRS sold, but did bit of #2 13.5prot at $7.50/b fob farm couple wks ago to GrainCorp.(o/n/d delivery). Would be curious on other folk's impressions of the Cargill Pro-pricing offering. Had signed up a bit of Wheat/Canola on this ages ago and glad it just a little as seems more like amateur pricing there if I am understanding the updates. Quite confusing as if they did what they say they are doing in the updates with the range that prices have moved in(up and down a couple of times) it should be projecting better returns.

Think it would be great to get some Australian comparisons on here because believe that will be direction where any good price movement comes from. What I think I see from over there is that NA prices should be at least $1/b cdn higher even with our higher destination freight/handling factored in. Prices will not be the problem heading into next year for any of this stuff - except for inputs.
This is only our experience in our area with Cargill pricing, they are almost always the lowest price until the have a premium offering which typically gets them to close to their competitors but hardly ever better than the Richardson's or Viterra's or even Providence. Not sure why farmers sell to them. Shows that it pays to call around and get pricing at multiple points of delivery whenever you are thinking of making a sale. I am talking elevators from Camrose to Lamont to Viking area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenmb View Post
peas are fairly worthless to grow now. Same with lentils and even chickpeas.

All #1 prices
Yellow peas $5 Bu US
Greens are $5.75-$6.75 depending on variety
Lentils are $10-15 depending on variety not sure if per bu or CWT. I don't have lentils this year so I have given them no attention.
Chickpeas are $19-21 9mm and $10 7mm per 100lbs
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
Ok, i thought the pulse tariffs were specific to Canada. Perhaps what i am misinterpreting is that the tarrifs were raised after Trudeau’s visit. I seem to remember last year India applying some tarrifs on ALL imported pulses in order to encourage more domestic production. Which makes sense actually.

$6 bu won't pay my bills, peas ran 25 bu/ac this year since 4.5" rain isn't enough.
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-27-2018, 02:50 PM
X80

Quoted: 747 Post(s)
Indian tariffs are world wide, oz suffered as well.

Not a whisper in mainstream media about this...only Trump..

Didnt even make msm in oz and would have cost us alit of money...chick pea planting is down 50% which is a huge drop...drought may account for some of that...

As it turns out we will have f all to send them.

Ant...
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
We are at $4.96 on Eastern North Dakota for HRS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page