7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
Barn
Here is a sample of whats coming!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180910_125356.jpg (1.47 MB, 23 views)

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Thank you Trump?

When do those cheques start showing up in the mail? Did they include some cash for extra storage!

Guess I havenít checked the trump page on here, but I donít think heís lost much support among farmers. Are we happy with the prices because of this, no. We understood it was likely going to cost us money, but feel in the long run itíll be better.

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by morb1lee View Post
Guess I havenít checked the trump page on here, but I donít think heís lost much support among farmers. Are we happy with the prices because of this, no. We understood it was likely going to cost us money, but feel in the long run itíll be better.

Agreed. I actually contacted about 80% of my soybeans as this was anticipated. Usually dont contract more than 40-50% if any. But got a tip from a guy. He usually steers me right. The year we are having was making me super nervous but seems to be working out.
morb1lee and 1972RedNeck like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 11:22 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
I contracted way more soybeans than I normally would have back in January and February, thought my one low contract I did was going to be a bad move, well right now $9.00 bu. beans don't look quite so bad... All the rest were above that.

Not sure about bunker piling here, beans look great but the corn got hit hard by excessive rain in June so yields going to be all over the place, some looks good but anything in low areas or where water came out of side hills not so great, even worse west of us, doubt some fields will make 120 bu./ac. where it stayed wet most of the early summer.

Around here at least I think quite a few guys have begun to contract new crop grain over the winter or for corn will do one with an average price through the co-op, in that case they average out the weeks from January to June or July, depending on which one you pick. Have to lock in the basis at some point but this year that was the high point for corn prices.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Barn
We can’t get nitrogen 46-0-0 here and the excuse is that it’s all going to the states from Canada to pile it on all the corn acres you guys are planning next year.

Things are going to get a little weird in the next few years.

Feed Barley price in the peace country was higher than Lethbridge a few weeks ago. 1000 km away from here and usually it’s priced in Lethbridge minus freight cost to get there. So normally $1.74/bushel or around $80 a tone less than Lethbridge price. Barley is all going to China to replace the protein that they are missing from the soybeans that China won’t buy from the US this year.

The seed companies want us to book canola seed but can’t give prices?

1967 Case 930 Comfort King with spin on filters and square fenders.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmarker View Post
We can’t get nitrogen 46-0-0 here and the excuse is that it’s all going to the states from Canada to pile it on all the corn acres you guys are planning next year.

Things are going to get a little weird in the next few years.

Feed Barley price in the peace country was higher than Lethbridge a few weeks ago. 1000 km away from here and usually it’s priced in Lethbridge minus freight cost to get there. So normally $1.74/bushel or around $80 a tone less than Lethbridge price. Barley is all going to China to replace the protein that they are missing from the soybeans that China won’t buy from the US this year.

The seed companies want us to book canola seed but can’t give prices?
All the corn acres... Likely more than this year, but sounds as if something else is going on.

They’ll return to soybeans. Maybe not from us, but they enjoy the meal and oil too much to keep much of their source as barley...I’d think hard about contracting next years barely early if prices are that good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page