Bins full of old crop - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Bins full of old crop

Last week I vaced and swept two of my silos out. I learned that my local co-ops and private grain dealers bins are plumb full of old crop ! Mostly soybeans. Normally it would be on barges by now floating down the river. I asked if there was any chance of moving grain out before harvest, he didn't hesitate to say no way ! I would like to know how much old crop beans in storage in other parts of the country and Canada. I'm already planning on less beans next year. There is going to be a lot of bunkers with tarps put up this fall here. I'm glad I have on farm storage for 80% of my grain.. Might be a lot of corn let stand till spring.....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Barn
Local elevators were supposed to get 40 and 80 rail cars respectively last month - they got none and are chuck full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHC560 View Post
From what I've gathered from other new JD equipment and what seems to be a huge concern is "How big is the fridge" and does it keep your wobbly pops cold enough ??
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thats all Deere has left to make the machine flawless.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1520 Post(s)
Barn
In this area, a lot. COOPS are chucked pretty full yet, and we have a massive crop coming. Some extra farm storage has gone up and local elevators have added about 2 million in new storage this year. There will also be close to 2 million extra bushels of corn as 8000 acres of seed corn production ground did not get awarded this year.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 2512 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken do View Post
Last week I vaced and swept two of my silos out. I learned that my local co-ops and private grain dealers bins are plumb full of old crop ! Mostly soybeans. Normally it would be on barges by now floating down the river. I asked if there was any chance of moving grain out before harvest, he didn't hesitate to say no way ! I would like to know how much old crop beans in storage in other parts of the country and Canada. I'm already planning on less beans next year. There is going to be a lot of bunkers with tarps put up this fall here. I'm glad I have on farm storage for 80% of my grain.. Might be a lot of corn let stand till spring.....

Trade and tariff fights with China effect?
Highmarker likes this.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Trade and tariff fights with China effect?
yes.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 01:58 PM

Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
Thank you Trump?

When do those cheques start showing up in the mail? Did they include some cash for extra storage!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

No check for me, not in any programs..........
1972RedNeck likes this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
canadian elevators are probably filling their pockets left and right, can't ship more anyway because of the railroads and they know competitors are stuck in the same boat, so might as well widen basis and ride this cash train. We can't ship anything down south anyways because prices suck there too. Farmers stuck for storage are going to be *ssr*aped by elevators.
soys in canada are nothing to special to brag about and neither is corn (in western canada that is)
if prices don't improve by march we're adding storage I think. can always give it away another year then.

crop is slow moving here too, but harvest was earlier than usual.
SWMan likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2679 Post(s)
Have not had a soy in the bin in a year, only have a hand full of rr1 acres in for seed stock, looked at prices the other day and just about had tears of joy I only have 180 acres in!
Didn't plant an acre of corn this year, first time in 13? Years and while the price ain't so bad compared to the last few years I'm not crying about not having them either!

Everything here is chuck full of wheat though and 100% of this years crop is getting locked up tight in the bin

God Bless America
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 1255 Post(s)
So what your saying is everything is the shits right now?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page