Canola Shipments Cancelled - Page 10 - The Combine Forum
 243Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwf1990 View Post
Still looking at 9.60 canola bids around me so I'm not to concerned still can make it work for that
dwf, that price is reflecting the first ban on just Richardson. Now add in the rest of the 40% of our canola exports to china and you are looking at $8 probably. Sure we will have some place to sell it - there are other countries now interested but at a lower price. Can we grow it for $8 profitably? I would say seed costs or something has come down as well. Or does 60 bu become our new yield benchmark to make up the difference in price. I am sure some guys will be trying for that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwf1990 View Post
Apparently china has cancelled all wheat pea flax crops as well. I hate to be pessimistic but it's looking like a rough few years ahead for the crop farmer.

At the very least they should take huwawei phones off the Canadian market. To me it seems like the Chinese care dearly about their huwaei phone company.

Still looking at 9.60 canola bids around me so I'm not to concerned still can make it work for that
Can you make any money at 9.60 on new crop? I sure canít after all the extra expenses on 2019. My fertilizer is up substantially, equipment costs are rising by at least 10% and carbon tax is starting to hurt. Iím really worried costs are going to make us all unprofitable. Carbon tax is getting us far worse then anyone thinks because itís tax on tax. Itís around 6% on diesel in all these transport trucks and trains hauling are commodities, food, consumer goods and general freight and there going to pass it along. If your not scared about profitability of your farm thatís good because Iím beginning to wonder how we can pay these cost that have doubled in just over ten years.

shmiffy, w-mFarms and Partners like this.
post #93 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
It would at least be a little reassuring it dumbass would at least acknowledge the ban on canola and other grains and say he is working on it to get things resolved, as far as I have seen he has said nothing. Maybe threatening to ban a few of their things might help, I know we are pretty small fries, but it wouldn't hurt. Maybe say we will stop importing bearings and start making them here instead, like they should be anyway.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Yes ban them f&cking bearing and everything the dollar stores sell. That will learn them Justy lol. They hate our idiot leader, so don't expect much till after the election. No votes in western Canada so you won't here him say anything, or do anything about canola anyway. We don't speak French so we are inferior. To a drama teacher, who lived the dream life as a teen smoking dope and an endless supply of daddys money, he doesn't know much about the real world or trying to make a living. Just like after his dads reign we will have taught the people who voted for him a lesson by paying tax and getting less from it to pay for Justy's wicked spending for another generation.
post #95 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Yes ban them f&cking bearing and everything the dollar stores sell. That will learn them Justy lol. They hate our idiot leader, so don't expect much till after the election. No votes in western Canada so you won't here him say anything, or do anything about canola anyway. We don't speak French so we are inferior. To a drama teacher, who lived the dream life as a teen smoking dope and an endless supply of daddys money, he doesn't know much about the real world or trying to make a living. Just like after his dads reign we will have taught the people who voted for him a lesson by paying tax and getting less from it to pay for Justy's wicked spending for another generation.
Yepp. X2
post #96 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbfarmer View Post
Can you make any money at 9.60 on new crop? I sure canít after all the extra expenses on 2019. My fertilizer is up substantially, equipment costs are rising by at least 10% and carbon tax is starting to hurt. Iím really worried costs are going to make us all unprofitable. Carbon tax is getting us far worse then anyone thinks because itís tax on tax. Itís around 6% on diesel in all these transport trucks and trains hauling are commodities, food, consumer goods and general freight and there going to pass it along. If your not scared about profitability of your farm thatís good because Iím beginning to wonder how we can pay these cost that have doubled in just over ten years.
Speaking of carbon tax economist that I listened to estimated farmers real cost at $12.50 acre that's with the exemption of farm use fuel.
For my little farm that's around a $15 000 hit.
Sure they are telling the public all the money is being returned, them Liberals lie like sidewalks.
post #97 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
I would assume all the guys paying 120-140
Acre cash rent are shitting there pants

Week Men Create Hard Times
post #98 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:04 AM
drp

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
FWIW, Response from our newbie minister of Ag from Quebec....

But Canada's Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food Marie-Claude Bibeau, the lead minister on the canola file, said earlier today that now is not the time to ramp up pressure on the Chinese.

"I hear his message and I can tell you that we are working on different fronts." she said. "Once again we have to find a scientific base solution" to respond to Chinese*claims that Canadian canola is tainted.

She said she would move beyond science and reach out to her Chinese counterpart "at the right moment" — but that moment hasn't arrived yet.
post #99 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Hopefully our Ag minister will get her head out of the sand. She is maybe still strying to figure out what canola is. How is science going to solve political bullying by the Chinese. The only way to solve this is to give it back to the Chinese between there eyes. The Canadian government should stop all imports from China or slap 10 billion of tariffs on Chinese products.
post #100 of 251 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Holy ****!!! Marie-Claude Bideau sounds like a dead ringer for Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. At least in the political doublespeak and lack of intelligence department. I have come to the conclusion farmers on both sides of the border are screwed-blued and tattooed. Ruled by political elites on the coasts. Left to fight over the scraps. Have my usual allotment of overpriced invigor preordered but not paid for-yet. Let’s see. Soybeans, flax, peas, sunflowers(nope always turn to bird food in the field), ? I think an oilfield or in town job is looking more enticing as the days go by. Think my banker might agree. This canola deal is a kick in the groin for sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page