Complete fucking moron 46 44.23%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

62Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 04:18 AM
X80

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
It is bad business to be so dependent on one customer, and a communist government at that, so i dont feel sorry who over extended themselves thinking this was always going to work out well. There are many in Australia as well, both in primary production and many other business pursuits, we are also dependednt on there imports so we have major exposure as well, this is also not ideal.

China is a communist govt with enough history to show what your dealing with....some choose not to see, plain and simple.

Ant....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Kevin Rudd would rate as Australia's worst Prime Minister who took this country from a healthy surplus to a huge debt with nothing to show for it in his short time in office. His policies lined many Chinese pockets. I did however listen to his speech in full which I didn't think I could make myself do.

Ralph likes this.
post #53 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1168 Post(s)
Well so much for the thought of a lot less seeded acres or less than average crop.

Limit down.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
Well so much for the thought of a lot less seeded acres or less than average crop.

Limit down.
If you're talking about the USDA report yesterday its a complete pile of **** information. Claiming 90 million acres got planted to corn and refused to acknowledge the 11 million prevent plant acres the FSA has so far. Not only that they managed to raise the yield estimate by 3.5 BPA. Make no mistake this crop is short, whether or no the USDA will ever recognize it is the next question.
lynas and ken do like this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #55 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
If you're talking about the USDA report yesterday its a complete pile of **** information. Claiming 90 million acres got planted to corn and refused to acknowledge the 11 million prevent plant acres the FSA has so far. Not only that they managed to raise the yield estimate by 3.5 BPA. Make no mistake this crop is short, whether or no the USDA will ever recognize it is the next question.
WTF is the deal with that all the time?! Again all year it's been huge yields expected.
I haven't ventured very far this year but did go to the show in Albert city Iowa this past wknd and from the looks and talks the crop looks good but definitely below average yields. Talked to a few guys from Nebraska couple wks ago and no good reports from them either... where is this "huge corn crop" coming from?
post #56 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 906 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 361turbo View Post
where is this "huge corn crop" coming from?

It's because I planted corn in my garden this year! Seems like whatever we grow on our farm floods the market. My theory is about as valid as the USDA report or Stats Can reports, they do nothing more than manipulate the markets.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
The USDA has been in record crop mode for decades. No surprise yesterday. My guess is we'll have to wait for the Jan. report for a small adjustment....
post #58 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 02:59 PM

Location: NW of Don about an hr - by car. West Central Alberta.
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Under the "new" structure of the markets there will be even more of a bias for the USDA reports to seem overstated as with much more limited exports there could/should never be a USA stox shortage. However, even in yday report it will get more interesting in what numbers USDA comes up with for other regions that will be taking over some of US share of exports. I highly doubt that many farmers mark to market their "cash" position in the grains mkt everyday so not sure why USDA numbers actually matter - unless there was something magical about mktg the stuff the day before the report vs now.
jvw likes this.
post #59 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:13 PM
jvw

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken do View Post
The USDA has been in record crop mode for decades. No surprise yesterday. My guess is we'll have to wait for the Jan. report for a small adjustment....
Perhaps the reason they have been stuck in record crop mode for decades has something to do with the fact that farmers have been growing record crops for decades?
Attached Images
File Type: gif CornYieldTrend_US.gif (40.0 KB, 3 views)
coolio likes this.

Justin Trudeau, accomplishing miracles since 2015, making Pierre Elliot look smart, competent and western friendly.
post #60 of 62 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 04:26 PM

Quoted: 1480 Post(s)
Barn
https://www.indigoagriculture.com/hu...a-df47d96ea3f1

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in