The Combine Forum - View Single Post - AgOpenGPS
Thread: AgOpenGPS
View Single Post
post #2028 of (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 05:20 PM
Beerwiser

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
Got to try autosteer for real today on my hagie sprayer. Besides a few pid tweaks it worked great. The field I tried it on is a old pasture full of badger holes and a few good slopes. The only thing that would be nice is a way to smooth out the heading slightly. When you hit a bad rough spot it swings the heading pretty bad causing some slight oscillations, but the autosteer did correct well. Unfortunately I didn't get to use u turn. Something went wrong doing the headland pass and the record window went full screen and I forgot to turn on the booms in aog since I was still doing it manually anyhow. Not a big deal though and probably my fault(or norton antivirus garbage).
Now to fit a spring and work switch, it would have been nice not to have to keep the pressure on the drill manually as it sort of defeats the purpose lol.
One last thing. I have not tried personally, but know a few others who have the same sprayer and trimble ez steer. It would not work well or at all so you obviously have done something right that AOG can run it in pretty much the worst possible field conditions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180527_140354.jpg (1.52 MB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20180527_140258.jpg (1.42 MB, 10 views)

You get what you put in and people get what the deserve. - Kid Rock

The more seriously you take things, the harder the rules become.

If it is broken, fix it. If it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome