The Combine Forum banner

Old equipment you still drag out of the Bush once in a while

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  albertabuck 
#1 ·
We finished up harvest and unlike the last couple years have time now to do fall work. For me that involves baling a bit of straw round and square for my wife's pets..... any way here is a couple old relics that get hooked up once every one or two years do a small job and get shoved back into Bush till next time I need them.
Wondering what you use hardly ever but know after you air up the tires and grease and oil up a few parts it still gets a job done for you. Vehicle Transport Tractor Mode of transport Tree
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Transport

See less See more
#4 ·
That **** W4 is my little go to small chore tractor.... crank start only... but as long as it's not colder than -10 outside it starts if not on the first crank 2 or 3 the colder it is outside. I love it, it's been on the farm since before my time.

#5 ·
R John Deere my dad bought oh so long ago. Pick a few rocks with it just to lube everything up. My left arm got strong as a kid cranking the steering wheel on the old girl. Easy on fuel is an understatement. An old 50' set of diamond harrows gets pulled out once in a while too. Works great in disced up areas.

#6 ·
Hehe I also have an old WD-9. One of the ones that starts on gas and you have to switch over to diesel. The old girl was retired and parked against an old shop. After I got married and we moved a house onto the farm the wife say it and had me drag it to the front of the house. Planted a bunch of trees/shrubs around it. It’s the first thing you see when you drive into the yard. Kinda a nice resting place for the old girl

#8 ·
Long time lurker, first time poster. Dad and I must have been really bored in 2014 so we got his old WD-9 running as well as Massey Harris 90 Combine that we bought at the neighbors auction sale. Truth be told, we bought it for battery as it was $25. Anyways Video explains it all and I had a blast running the old stuff. Now due to the 10 post rule about posting links. Give the title of the video a copy and paste if you got the time, thanks.

Massey Harris 90 combine with International WD-9 tractor YouTube

#10 ·
What are you rebuilding, the trips? My shanks are getting wore but mostly had to replace some springs as they get stretched from when a shovel catches on a buried boulder and gets pulled back further than had been designed. I have the 49 foot version. Watch the bearings on the walking beams, never had them fail but every once in a while need to snug them up just a bit.

#14 ·
Ha ha, I was going to post the same thing except mine is a 14'. Tires hold air and the greasable bushings in those wheels have lasted longer than any Bourgault wheel bearing I have ever seen. Done lots of breaking with that thing.

If you guys want old I sometimes use a couple of old stone-boats to drag stuff around, those must be 100 years old...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.