Wood Structure vs. Steel Structure - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-2008, 10:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wood Structure vs. Steel Structure

Looking at building a shed this comming spring, we have all wood structures now, both a Pole and a Stud Shed, but now are looking to build a steel one.

I am looking for any kind of feed back, anything at all just to give me a better idea of what to build and just in case I haven't thought of everything.

The building will be used for equipment storage, it will only have a dirt floor. We thought of building it 80x80x18, but after more thought we figured we would build it 80x100x18.

So lets hear it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2009, 12:19 AM

Re: Wood Structure vs. Steel Structure

Guess it dont matter as long as there is enough clearance for hopper extension etc unless you are gonna store straw or hay in it cause then you should definately go with the steel structure to gain as much cubic footage as possible.

Bo

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-08-2009, 06:22 PM

Re: Wood Structure vs. Steel Structure

I used steel trusses with wood for the purlins. I have a 14'4" sidewall with a 14' x 20' door on one end and a 16' x 16' door on the other end. The manufacturer is Adams Truss, Inc. Gentry Arkansas. The Web site is www.adamstruss.com My vote would be a combination steel and wood structure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page