Favorite brand of tools - Page 3 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Favorite brand of tools

yes snap on.. they have so many unique tools that no one else has that comes in handy on some projects.. also the new snap on instinct screwdrivers are amazing, a lot of times my buddy will be using a craftsman screwdriver and spin out, so he'll come and get my snap ons and it will take it out with no problem

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 AM

We tighten the center canvas on are draper then cut about 4,500 acres then went to tighten it again and there was that crappy matercrap wrench sitting on the frame under all the straw. A cheap wrench will never be lost.

post #23 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 12:08 PM

Snap-on. End of story.

I've owned lots of brands. Snap-on is the best. And you can get them online now I see. No more looking for trucks or convincing the driver to come by the farm once a year.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-16-2008, 11:57 PM

For hand tools, Snap-On rules! They are very, very pricey, but as someone mentioned, those are the ones to get, along with other jobber-sold vendors such as Matco, Cornwell, MAC and others. S-K is also very good.
I agree about Milwaukee for power [electric] stuff, IR and of course, Hilti for air-powered.

Craftsman, Kobalt, Evercraft, Vise-Grip, Crescent, Klein, et cetera, are all very good, upper consumer grade to light-duty mechanics grade. I have plenty of those, because I cannot justify S-O, Matco, et al of their level.

Thorsen, Pittsburg, stuff made in China and Taiwan, and such, still have their place.... the common household, do-it-yourself auto/machinery repairs and the like.

Anyone ever buy from Landmeschner or Grainger?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #25 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Oh hey, I broke one of my cheap new screwdrivers after five minutes of use. I sure showed me, huh?
post #26 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have some Snap On and S&K.

I don't buy the cheaap tools, although the salesmen always push them. It's worth more to me to have a tool that won't break wehn I really need it.

I don't buy craftsman. Sicne they don't make their own tools, you never know what brand you're actually buying. I like to know what I'm getting.
post #27 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-17-2008, 03:49 PM

Snap On (end of story) Up untill 10 days ago i made a living spinning spanners. And my snap on tools have gone the distance and never let me down yet. Sure they are pricey proberly even more so over here in N.Z but i think there worth it. Someone once told me a poor man buys his tools twice i think it is quite a good quote.
post #28 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:53 AM

I heard that black and decker bought milwaukee, has anyone heard anything on this?
post #29 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

no but i have heard that mac makes stanely
post #30 of 62 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)

Quote:no but i have heard that mac makes stanely

I've never heard that, but I did have a Stanley ratchet fall apart on me Saturday. I thought the wrench just slipped off the bolt and out of my hand, but then I noticed its guts still attached to the socket hanging off the bolt. Picked up a free Craftsman today to replace it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page