New Shop Must-haves - Page 5 - The Combine Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I put 50mpa concrete in my shop. What is that psi? I'm not concrete literate.[/QUOTE]

50000 kPa, 7252 psi

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marusko View Post
Yea those overhead bridge cranes add a lot of loads to the building, it needs to be a steel building designed for the crane, with heavier columns and rafters, crane brackets, more bracing, bigger piles... or on its own steel structure. Agreed that forklift or LTK's suggestion to get a picker truck would be more economical. Bridge cranes are expensive.

Winches can be done in a wood building, just make sure you tell the builder so they can double or triple up the trusses. A small monorail crane might work too in a wood building.

Someone mentioned lighting low on the walls, that's a good one, as well as air reels. Don't cheap out on overhead doors. Be liberal with plugs and welding plugs. Some ceiling fans are good to have regardless of how you heat the building.
buy a good forklift can use anywhere and you won't lose head room and shop space

post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Barn
X2 forklift.... I have one and it gets used more than I thought. Not to mention a great engine hoist, throw a piece of plywood or something of it makes a great mobile makeshift height adjustable work bench!

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 993 Post(s)
On concrete I guess I was confused with psi versus mpa. The cement we have been pouring around our yard has been around 32mpa not 3200psi. It seems like a lot of the finishers do not want to work with cement in our area that is higher than 32mpa.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Just finished our shop last year, grade beams 4000psi, floor 5000psi. If I remember right it was less than $20/yard from 4000 to 5000, well worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page