best steel Building for farm shop - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
best steel Building for farm shop

we are going to be putting up a new shop within the next year thats around 80'x120'x24' or bigger and steel framed clear span, trying to find out info on who manufactures the best steel building for such an application as a heavy use farm shop/industrial building as there are quite a few manufacturers out there. we will also be installing a 10 ton top running bridge crane as well so if anyone has any thoughts on utilizing a building mounted crane track system to save space and cost vs. a track seperate from the building uprights i would be glad to hear them. we are located in NE ohio.
thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
sent a pm

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:05 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
I have heard of so many of these steel building companies being rip off artist it makes a guy scared.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 03:19 PM

EBC out of Terre Haute, IN is a good company.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:16 PM

Take a look at Star buildings. I just put a 130'x75'x22' up last year and it's as strong of building as you're going to find.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-13-2013, 10:23 PM

Sentinal steel buildings are top of the line, from Global industries, Grand Island Ne. , same company makes MFS grain bins.... quality company.

The First 100 years are the hardest!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

Has anyone heard anything about mortons new "Hybrid" building? saw a few video clips of that system, looks pretty nice but being as its a morton its probably quite expensive. Also i saw that Sukup Mfg is in the steel building market now.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Behlen and Chief are top shelf. Dad was a contractor and used to put up Cuckler, which was bought out by Star. Cuckler was the best but soon after being bought out they had fitment and quality issues so he swithced to Behlen. They arent quite as good as Cuckler was but they are well made. Pm me if you want a contact for a chief or behlen salesmen.

Last edited by farminflyboy; 01-21-2013 at 08:01 AM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For steel truss buildings I would put Behlen and Star near the best depending on which is in your area. For wood post frame buildings I would put Morton at the top. All three are name brand buildings with dealers across the US.

The added expense of going with these quality manufactures quickly pays for itself. A local implement dealer had an accident with his Star building when a forklift drove thru the wall. The local Star dealer was 70 miles away and was able to repair the building by replacing red iron, tin, and insulation that was the same as original and matched perfectly. That star building was 25 years old when it was repaired.

Morton is also very good and is well known for quickly repairing or replacing buildings following natural disasters. Many Mortons went up in my area in the 70's. After 30 years, one had a problem with a leaky roof. Morton sent out a crew to put sealant around the nails holding the tin on. That lasted for a few years, but the roof began to leak again. Morton then sent out a crew to install a complete new roof. This building was over 30 years old, off warranty, and Morton still backed what they built. You get what you pay for.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 02:39 AM

Steel buildings for shops has provided better solution than standard shop construction and use of natural materials like wood. They are strong enough and provide life long guarantee. There are many famous industries provide steel building with good standard and quality.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page