Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones? - Page 10 - The Combine Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Bought one of the Lock N Lube tips. Greasing is kinda finished for now but will report back when I get some use on it. Comes with an extra seal which is nice and made in South Africa.....so the guys from SA will hear about it if this thing is junk too. Ha Ha

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190422_171451.jpg (187.4 KB, 95 views)

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Two Milwaukee here and I think they are awesome.
We tend to use more grease ,the long hose is nice and so far changing tubes ,no problem .

RunninREDharD likes this.
post #93 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
We have one of those lock and lube ends and they are awesome though a little big to get at some u-joints . The thing that I like is that if you get a zerk that won't take grease and the hose is full of pressure you can take the coupler off by releasing the lever . We had another make where you had to slide the outer barrel up to release the pressure and you couldent move it .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Bought one of the Lock N Lube tips. Greasing is kinda finished for now but will report back when I get some use on it. Comes with an extra seal which is nice and made in South Africa.....so the guys from SA will hear about it if this thing is junk too. Ha Ha

These things are worth every penny. The only way they could be better would be if they were a little smaller in diameter to fit into some tight places.
SWMan likes this.
post #95 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpie View Post
Two Milwaukee here and I think they are awesome.
We tend to use more grease ,the long hose is nice and so far changing tubes ,no problem .

I bought the better quality Milwaukees which pump fast and you can set the number of strokes. The batteries are lasting amazing. I think one day I pumped 6 tubes with the same battery! My old Flexi-coil loves the 50 strokes on the castor wheels and I can administer that in 20 seconds - I could never go back to Lincoln (maybe different now) where about a tube and a half and you are looking for another battery and 2 minutes for 50 strokes!

The nice thing about the Milwaukee is that it has a "crutch" for us old fools that still crawl around and grease things underneath vehicles and equipment. At my age, it sure helps saves my knees and gives me a place to lean my hand when I pull the trigger on it and maintain my balance. The built in crutch is the best part of it! (See Crutch in picture!)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...21CT/204064022

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RunninREDharD; 04-30-2019 at 01:16 PM.
post #96 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 01:35 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4634 Post(s)
The 18v Milwaukee also wins my admiration but mine has a one-off problem I’ll bet.
If not using it fairly steady even a full battery will act totally dead with switch activation. The cure is battery removal and instant replacement, same battery, Poof, it works again. Annoying at best.
But love it for the two speeds/pressure settings and pump count settting in addition to the other features others mention.

As usual such a well thought out and engineered product ain’t cheap.

I just wonder what weird **** affects mine?!

Last edited by Don Boles; 04-30-2019 at 01:44 PM.
post #97 of 123 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
The 18v Milwaukee also wins my admiration but mine has a one-off problem Iíll bet.
If not using it fairly steady even a full battery will act totally dead with switch activation. The cure is battery removal and instant replacement, same battery, Poof, it works again. Annoying at best.
But love it for the two speeds/pressure settings and pump count settting in addition to the other features others mention.

As usual such a well thought out and engineered product ainít cheap.

I just wonder what weird **** affects mine?!

I did notice that the work light sometimes failed to go off and I do the same - remove the battery. It doesn't seem to always stay on - not sure of why but the battery life is excellent otherwise.

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #98 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 01:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Having good luck with the Lock N Lube tip so far. It is a little bigger so not going to get into tight spots and kind of requires a bit of cleaning on the backside of the tip because the jaws grab right around the rear of the tip. But you can load that 18V Milwaukee right up to stall and then simply squeeze the release trigger and it comes right off no problem.
adsinaus and Northern Farmer like this.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #99 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Anyone tried the xl lock and lube? Supposed to improve access for tighter areas
post #100 of 123 (permalink) Old 05-19-2019, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
It looks longer than the original Lock and Lube tip. I wonder how that improves access in tighter areas? Maybe it's smaller in diameter so it can reach in at an angle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page