Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones? - Page 12 - The Combine Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDF View Post
I started this thread way back when I was still "Prairie Boy". (Combine Forum password debacle ended that.) We too are now using Lock and Lube. I believe the brand name is actually Gurtech. These are the first grease gun ends that have lasted and greatly reduced frustration. As already stated the ability to unlock under pressure is a big one. When you pry off a standard end under pressure you are actually bending the jaws which essentially ruins them. This is why they don't last. The other great thing about the Lock and Lube is the jaws adapt to all manner of zerks (with a bit of wiggling sometimes). You can even grab a zerk at a bit of an angle and not have grease going everywhere. We have used them now for two years and the original end still works great. Would highly recommend them. We also scrapped all the electric grease guns (or rather they scrapped themselves) and went to manual Alemites.

I've kinda had the same experience. Love the Lock and Lube ends and bought some Alemite guns. Don't use the electric very often. The Alemites I bought sure had cheap hoses tho. They bubbled up and went to crap pretty much right away. It's a nice gun otherwise.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Iím beginning to wonder if some of our grease gun problems are actually grease zerk problems. Couple weeks ago I drilled and tapped a couple of wheel hubs for grease zerks. Installed new and went to grease them ending up with grease everywhere. Replaced one and tried again, same thing. Of course I was cursing the grease gun end. Then I thought what the hey. Robbed a couple of zerks off an old Morris cultivator thatís been parked in the bush for 30 years and everything works good after that.

tbone95, torriem and SWMan like this.
post #113 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Hmmm.... thinking about Northern Farmer's idea for the short whip hose.... so let's say your grease gun has the LocknLube end, and you use the whip hose for the spots the larger tip won't fit. I wonder if the pressure release lever would work on the extension, or if it would just release the extension under pressure? Might get a little messy if the extensions zerk were to leak, but at least it would release pressure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 114 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
I've noticed subtle differences between the zerks in my imperial collection vs metric collection. They are different sizes. The thing is I have no idea whether my grease gun ends are metric or imperial. The lock n lube seems to seal better despite the different sizes of zerk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page