Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones? - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 26Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Puckbag, it wouldn't hurt to check out Acklands although where I picked up the later ones ( and didn't work out so well ) were at both Gregg Distributors and Northern Metallic Sales. It seemed these cheep ones had soft jaws that wouldn't hold and mushed up like butter or the seal material was doing goofy things. Of course no company markings on them and I can bet where they were made though. Get some, try them and ether they work or they don't.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
I bought 2 Milwaukee grease guns and they are by far the best gun and tip I've ever owned.
You can buy there tips at any Milwaukee dealer

post #13 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We use MacNaught over here and I think they are pretty good.
I bought a cordless Alemlube and it's leaked from new. :-(

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbeanfarmer View Post
You kinda expect a cheap tip on a $15 gun but on a $300 cordless, RRRRRR!!!!!!! The factory Lincoln and Alemites tips are by far the best but finding equal replacements, we'll I havn't yet, The Deere tips have been the best so far but make sure they are the heavy duty ones.
You can order new ends through Alemite. We had to order a new hose for one of our guns and ordered some tips as well.
post #15 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I only buy the ones with 4 jaws. The 3 jaw ones cant take much pressure. John Deere ones are pretty good, but they should be better. TSC sells a high pressure one that's small and is the best I've used. I always get the smaller grease gun ends that fit in more places.
post #16 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Last grease gun I bought at John Deere (manual pistol grip) has been really good but I actually had to take off the heavy duty end and put a cheaper one on it. It gripped so hard that it kept ripping the grease zerks out of the machines. Yes, I tried tipping it as I pulled, but same issue. Maybe I just had a poor one, but I will say that it didn't leak grease.
litefoot likes this.
post #17 of 108 (permalink) Old 01-12-2013, 07:54 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whtbaron View Post
Last grease gun I bought at John Deere (manual pistol grip) has been really good but I actually had to take off the heavy duty end and put a cheaper one on it. It gripped so hard that it kept ripping the grease zerks out of the machines. Yes, I tried tipping it as I pulled, but same issue. Maybe I just had a poor one, but I will say that it didn't leak grease.
I have had similar issues with some ends and I have had some success in getting them off by losening the tip where the two halves join together. It seems after you twist them to the side to remove them a few times they lose there ability to seal and start shooting grease out all over.
post #18 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatworld View Post
I only buy the ones with 4 jaws. The 3 jaw ones cant take much pressure. John Deere ones are pretty good, but they should be better. TSC sells a high pressure one that's small and is the best I've used. I always get the smaller grease gun ends that fit in more places.
I've never had a high pressure 4 jaw work better and last longer than a 3 jaw.

We were swapping them weekly. The lincoln high pressure 4 jaws that is.

Then broke down and bough the huge $10 3 jaw ones and they last a couple months or more. Depends who all uses the gun. They can be a PITA to get off though and they are very large.

The NAPA Part number is 715-9572
post #19 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because of the the high pressure that the air operated and battery operated grease guns create I agree it's hard to find ends that will last without leaking. What I try to do is save the grease gun with the no leak and easy off end for greasing the hard to get to places and the not so good for the easy to get spots. I know time is money but I find with using a hand pistol gun I use less grease and have less mess!
post #20 of 108 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 11:12 AM
mikey350

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Can you not adjust the ends of them so they are tighter or looser grip? I could be wrong but I believe I have done that on the John Deere ones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in