Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones? - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
In my opinion, all grease guns and grease gun ends suck. We've started buying the cheapest ones we can find. They work about as long as the expensive ones and it doesn't hurt the pocket book so bad when you throw the cheap ones away and buy a new one.

If someone ever comes out with a grease gun that actually works and last, they will have a million dollar business and won't be able to keep up with production.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-05-2013, 11:08 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fire/farmer202 View Post
In my opinion, all grease guns and grease gun ends suck. We've started buying the cheapest ones we can find. They work about as long as the expensive ones and it doesn't hurt the pocket book so bad when you throw the cheap ones away and buy a new one.

If someone ever comes out with a grease gun that actually works and last, they will have a million dollar business and won't be able to keep up with production.
Buy some Swiss or German ones. The one that came with our Claas works very well. I cannot remember the swiss brand that was supposed to be good. Google may be your friend on that one.

post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Try the "Alemite" brand. Priced about the same as a Lincoln. All of my Lincoln's would bypass the grease past the plunger if left on the rack for a week. You go to use it and think its empty except all the grease is on the wrong side of the plunger. Last time it did that it 'slipped' out of my hand and broke when it hit the floor. Spent more money on wasted grease than the gun was worth. Wouldnt use a Lincoln again if it was free.

I have had good luck with the Alemite's - I bought two of them five years ago and no problems. I bought mine because my father in law has a couple that are 15+ years old and still working good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 02-07-2013, 03:02 AM

x2 alemite has a much better product.
post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
I was struggling again this fall with grease gun ends. The particular gun in my hands at the time and on a certain zerk and was puking out grease ( no damage on the zerk ) so I spun on a new end and so started the episode of the new one sticking onto the zerk so bad I just about broke it trying to get it off and then the brand new grease gun end wouldn't work as it puked out its guts ( it had a rubber internal seal ). Finally I had gone through my bag of gun ends and the whole batch was garbage and left me thinking back to this thread from last winter.

So it refreshed me that the name Alemite stood out as better then Lincoln and I did a search of the company and finally came up with a list of ends and to my surprise it does list more then one style as having the rubber seal and I will include the link to the page I was looking at.

Couplers - Hydraulic - Alemite

So my question is, does anyone know who handles Alemite in Alberta as I seem to run into ether Lincoln or some no name crap that is even worse. Or for that matter run across grease gun ends that are even better ?
post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Farmer View Post
So my question is, does anyone know who handles Alemite in Alberta as I seem to run into ether Lincoln or some no name crap that is even worse. Or for that matter run across grease gun ends that are even better ?
Same problem here, I would really like to try some out. Maybe I'll steal a couple from new grease guns in the store . Why do they sell whole guns and not the couplers .
I bought some John Deere couplers the other day, they don't leak but one seems to have fallen apart already. I got both standard and heavy duty, so far it's the heavy duty one that's fallen apart. They have a four section jaw.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Why is there never time and money to do it correctly but there's always plenty to do it again
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 12:45 AM

The tiny little alemite tip that came with our 18v gun lasted a good 6 months. I was impressed and need to find more.
post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Dak

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Good to hear I am not the only one having this problem. Been using Lincoln here for years but once a new one gets 6 months on it they p...s all the grease out past the plunger. Got sick of them so tryed JD they last even less, dad got so angrey he turned a plunger up & made an O ring to suit, now NO grease gets past that! Some one said they changed the make up of the rubber a few years back, & thats when our trouble started.
Have not come up with an end worthy of naming tho..
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 06:27 AM

Quoted: 369 Post(s)
I was trying to find a supplier of Alemite for western Canada and just now found a dealer locator section and wrote a note to a rep. I guess I'll see if its replied to at some point and see who they sell them through and if there is a dealer up in the north west part of Alberta.
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 07:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Try a grease gun end from Wurth. I have found them to be very good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page