Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones? - The Combine Forum
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Grease Gun Ends. Are there any good ones?

Getting very frustrated with the poor quality of grease gun end couplers. Most last only for a few zerks before grease is oozing out all over the place. Lincoln used to be our choice but now they've gone off shore for production and they're no better than the rest. It's so bad Lincoln doesn't even stamp their own name on their ends. They must be embarrassed. Can you get quality ends for grease guns made domestically? I don't care what it costs. Frustration and time wasting cost way more.

litefoot and Border Farmer like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2834 Post(s)
Go to an auction sale and buy something that's 25 years old.

If there is one I haven't found it yet. Sorry.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #3 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
john deere has what they call a heavy duty end. it lasts and has 1 heck of a bite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
We bought a wide grease gun end from our New Holland dealer that are fatter than the regular ones and are designed for automatic grease guns. They seem to leak less but are bulky.
post #5 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
We've used the bulky ones you guys are talking about. They may be marginally better but nothing like they should be and they simply are too fat to get into certain areas you have to get into sometimes.
post #6 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
We find the lubri-matic end to be good. have not owned a gun though for years.
post #7 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
You kinda expect a cheap tip on a $15 gun but on a $300 cordless, RRRRRR!!!!!!! The factory Lincoln and Alemites tips are by far the best but finding equal replacements, we'll I havn't yet, The Deere tips have been the best so far but make sure they are the heavy duty ones.
post #8 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
the heavy duty john deere ones are impossible to pull straight off. i had to take a shield off once to get it angled enough to get off.
litefoot likes this.
post #9 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
I used to get a grease gun end that had a neoprene insert in the seat and they would not only last a long time, they would mold to a somewhat buggered up grease zerk. I don't know what brand they were though as now when I get the same style with that neoprene in the seat, the darned thing wants to fold up inside and seals off the ball area on the zerk and just pressures up the gun. I've been getting the so called "genuine Lincoln" ends lately but they don't seem to seal well on some zerks even if they are in perfect shape, just because some are manufactured with a slightly different profile on the top of the zerk. The amount of grease I waste from it puking out all over the place and not knowing if I am getting any into the bearing ... well its frustrating.
post #10 of 123 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@ Northern Farmer. Funny, Dad was just talking about those grease gun ends with the o-ring in the seat and how they were far superior to the cheap garbage out there now. We've been looking for them as well and were recently told that Acklands supply them. We haven't had the chance to check out Ackland's yet, but will be going there next time we run to the city.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in