The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Workbench/Tool Box Set-ups
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 09:22 PM
AnviL

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Barn
If your in a quonset along the wall is a great place for a work bench since the curved wall wont let you park anything tall close to it, wooden work benches are fine.

Get a decent shop air compressor
Imo ingersoll rand air tools are best. (Fun fact, mac air tools were, and maybe still, made by ingersoll)

I just got into Milwaukee and really like them, i was looking for the best cordless grease gun and determined they had it so have been slowly switching over.

Dont get sucked into snap on or mack tool boxes! I got a beach too box as a gift when I graduated and put it on a craftsman roller bottom a few years after... been 19 years and they're still fine. I get a kick outta guys with the big wall of tool box full of every imaginable snap on tool who still cant fix anything.... put your money into the tools, not the box.
When I got the beach box I also got a set of professional westward wrenches (the smooth polished ones) .... and guess what I still have most of them, and I've even had good luck with mastercraft wrenches.
I do have a set of snap on double open end wrenches, they are the only manufacturer with, I think 30 and 17 angle, with a regular wrench at 15 you can turn a fitting in the tightest spot with 2 wrenches.

A plasma and a 200 mig are nice but you need a torch and a stick welder will do.(get a quality auto darkening helmet, not the princess auto spectal)

As mentioned earlier a good anvil and a vice are also a necessity.

And a decent battery charger.

Keep calm and combine on....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome