The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Antifreeze maintenance
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 04:15 PM
MountainviewTruck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
I don't think any of the ag or off-road manufacturers are using extended-life coolant technology yet, from what I remember they are mostly still using conventional ethylene glycol antifreeze with various different additive packages for corrosion inhibitors. Whether you buy green concentrate, or purple pre-mixed, or John Deere-branded or CNH-branded coolant, chances are very good it's all the same technology, just different labels and possibly different colors. Your NTC and QSX should both have need-release filters installed, Fleetguard p/n WF2071 or WF4071 (one has two units of additive, the other has four). If you do a complete drain, flush, and re-fill with pre-charged conventional coolant, you should only have to spin on a WF2071, and use the strips once a year to maintain coolant pH and nitrite and/or borate levels (being the active corrosion inhibitors). I use an optical tester (refractometer) rather than squeeze bulb style tester for measuring freeze point, they aren't terribly expensive but they are infinitely more accurate.

Service and repairs to all makes and sizes of heavy equipment. (403)556-2210

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome