The Combine Forum banner

Anybody want to video meet about AgOpenGPS stuff?

11K views 61 replies 19 participants last post by  WTalen 
#1 ·
I very occasionally drop in on the ROS agriculture video meetings through Zoom. I find it very helpful for learning tidbits about autonomous ag and its related tech stuff. Is there any interest in starting some kind of video meeting with all the AgOpenGPS people all over the world. It might be tricky to find a time that works for most and Zoom is limited to 40 minutes of free meeting time. So I'm just curious if there is interest out there.

#11 ·
�� Anytime between UTC 20.00 throught to 14.00 and I’m in.
Looks like UTC 18.00 works best for most, unfortunately that looks to be about 2AM for you...not so fun. Might have to get a few more Aussies to join in. Potentially we could go earlier in the morning for North Americans like UTC 14.00 which would be 7AM for Brian and 10PM? for you. 3PM for Austrians... We'll see where this goes.
As long as I don't have to wear a suit and tie I'm in.
LOL. I sure hope not, you could even mute your video of you don't want to be seen. As long as you're wearing clothes I think that's all that is needed.

Im interested. I wouldn't be able to contibute but like to listen and learn
I hear you I would like to learn too.

Free zoom has 100 participants max 40 min, not bad actually.https://zoom.us/pricing
What time does ROS do their meetings at? I can ask kyler.
Yep, that's what I thought too. ROS Agriculture does their video meetings Tuesdays at UTC 02:00 so 7PM your time. Matt Droter hosts the meeting and they go for an hour. Somebody there is paying.

Good idea! i did look into my survey - so the most users are from Europe and nord america. According to my picture a good time for all would be 11 am Alberta that would be 7-8 pm in Europe. or 1 pm >9-10 pm here...
Thanks Andreas, I was going to see if I could look back at that survey but you already have. I might just do a new Google survey for this meeting time.

another far idea would be a meeting at your side.
i would like to go to holidays and maybe we can have a little program for 2-3 days - talking and visiting farms.
Everyone can make their own the rest of the week or two...
That would be pretty neat. We are quite spread out though my farm is about a 46 hour drive from Brian's town. I'm about in the middle of you and Brian.

So what day of the week would work best. Saturday? I think my next post will be a link to a google survey.

#8 ·
Good idea! i did look into my survey - so the most users are from Europe and nord america.

according to my picture a good time for all would be 11 am Alberta that would be 7-8 pm in Europe. or 1 pm >9-10 pm here...

another far idea would be a meeting at your side.
i would like to go to holidays and maybe we can have a little program for 2-3 days - talking and visiting farms.
Everyone can make their own the rest of the week or two...

Attachments

#16 ·
Zoom is pretty good for larger groups. Zoom automatically maximizes the screen of the person speaking and it minimizes those listening. As you said, let's see what happens :)

Maybe that continental video meeting idea might have some traction. I'll put that in the survey too. What are your guys' thoughts on recording the meeting and posting it to Youtube? It could be unlisted, public or whatever. If recording the meeting keeps people from joining we won't do it but it might be nice for folks in the forum to see what was discussed.

#25 ·
Yep here it is, I will email those that shared their email with me too. Just click the link below at UTC 16:00 and join us. You should sign up for a free Zoom account and download the desktop or mobile app before tomorrow's meeting. We have 40 minutes free with up to 100 people. About 6 people are planning on joining so far.

Wilbert Talen is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: AgOpenGPS Zoom Meeting
Time: Feb 23, 2019 12:00 PM Halifax (UTC 16:00)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/711583827

One tap mobile
+16475580588,,711583827# Canada

Dial by your location
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 711 583 827
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adWAKDTsUN

#26 ·
Topics people want to talk about:

In your mind what is the the most important thing you would like to talk about regarding AgOpenGPS?
10 responses
Shapefiles
Getting it stable with good docs and a pcb.
Pcb development? This will make it easier for novices to build and force the hardware to become standardized
no preference, let the wizards decide
son installation sur tablette win 10 , les paramétrages , le minimum requis base rtk , les solutions possibles....
"HowTo"-Setup a complete "demonstrator" from inputs to aktuators
DIY install and deployment
Agrabot
Autonomous operation
beta / stable versions (at the moment)
In your opinion what is the number one feature AgOpenGPS needs that it does not have currently?
10 responses
Shapefile Import/Export
Computer vision, Radar, Boustrophedon Decomposition, Canbus machine control
A button that tells you a funny joke? Lol
In all seriousness it has everything I need right now. More than what I need actually
import options for AB-lines
mon expérience est bien trop courte pour répondre
variable rate control from a loaded map (kml?)
Not worried about new features, want to be able to utilize a current version with Auto steer / Auto Headland turns.
Autonomous
An up to date, all feature, tutorial for the operator
field controll
In your opinion what is the number one setting/feature that needs tweaking in AgOpenGPS?
9 responses
Offsets
No comment
quick on-the-go field and equipment (auto)selection
il doit faire le job simplement
Loading fiels (if you have many suggest the nearest)
Version control and field / implement management
Make easier to contribute code
steer angle / pid

#30 ·
I'm planning on hosting a 40 minute AgOpenGPS video meeting this Saturday at UTC 16:00. Just a reminder that a lot of us set our clock ahead one hour so it might be a different time of day for you from last time. I'll post the link here and on the other thread later this week. All are welcome to join, hope to see you on Saturday.

3 topics that I hope we can talk about a little bit are:
1) PCB development
2) Troubleshooting peoples' existing installations
3) Delegation people to write documentation for Stable version and Wiki

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.