The Combine Forum banner

Tramline section control

4K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  richardklasens 
#1 ·
When using tramlines, the sections will turn off if not on a tramline. On when on a tramline. If repeat is set to 0, auto stays on all the time like normal.

By special request :)

#4 ·
I like the feature!
Looking in the PGN I found 3 possible placese, but all have troubles
- use Section 16, the highest bit in highbyte, but we will loose the possibility to go to 16 sections
- use uturn byte: pro: could be defined free via GUI by user con: 8 ways out from AOG aren't much
- use rate setpoint right, highest bit in highbyte: would only cause conflict when using dual rate, but still possible, only the range would be half, as on bit less

I would prefer the last one: highest bit in rate setpoint right of section controll sentence.

Just my 2 ct.

Matthias

#6 ·
I agree, rate needs some work. First the question: I can't find the dual rate any more. For what reason is it out, no need, causing trouble? I liked the feature and if it worked i would like to keep it.
If we kick it out, there are bits in the Arduino to AOG switches and bytes for the rates free.
If we keep it, we different pgn for the switches and the rates would be good, as the switches could only be send when changed, but then immediately, whereas the rates should be send at 1 Hz.

So suggestion for Arduino to AOG: new pgn for rates.
But our problem is the other way, tramlines from AOG to Arduino.

No space in the autosteer sentence, hardly one bit in the section control, by cutting it from rate right.

So first decision dual rate yes or no.

Greetings Matthias

#9 ·
Another suggestion to tramlines: some use section control for corn planters. So it might be good to separate it from section control: send an new, additional signal for the tramlines, so e.g. for sugar beet planters the Arduino could combin the signals and switch the rows for tramlines off additionally to the section control. For 3m airseeders for wheat only the tramlines are needed to close the rows. To completely independent would be good.

#11 ·
Thinking about tramlines additional suggestion:
It would be good to see them later on, so when active:
- change colour of vehicle triangle
- paint a line e.g. in dark green or other colour
- safe the line with the field and be able to load it, without the applied area, like a boundary

For gui:
New register tab in Batman left window with:
- First row/start
- interval
- Manual on/off for triangles...

Thoughts?

Greetings Matthias

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.