The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Extended warranty on grain truck or vocational farm semi
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Trailerairsupply

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licensed to kill View Post
EXTENDED warranty only goes to 160,000KM?????? What is the regular warranty?.
The engine warranty from Detroit is 2 years from factory. The Freightliner components vary from 6months to one year from factory. You can purchase warranty for 5-7 years on both and coverage for 600,000 km. But the price really jumps. Being a farm truck or vocational as they called it we can get cheaper warranty packages for the 7 year terms on lower km 160,000. Seeing as to how the truck will only put on 20,000 to 25,000km a year the cheaper packages fit good for us. We went from a used Mack to a new truck because we were tired of the constant repair bills of $4000 to $$15000 every couple months it seemed. One guy thinks seeing it’s a new truck that we will be maintenance free seeing it won’t see much km, but I’m afraid of it being the same situation as the last one. Even being new, semis and boats are just money pits. The new dd16 engine on the showroom floor, uninstalled has a price tag of around $50,000 and scares the crap out of me every time I walk by it lol

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome