The Combine Forum banner

New Shop Must-haves

21K views 44 replies 30 participants last post by  sasksodbuster 
#1 ·
Hi guys we have been thinking about building a shop for a few years now and hopefully one of these years we will actually pull the trigger. I have read a few of the shop threads on hear and liked seeing and reading all the different ideas. I was wondering what is a must have in a new shop or a some mistakes that you have seen or done? A few questions in particular that i have is if a pit is worth it for working on highway tractors and vehicles? I would for sure want to be able to cover the pit and build it out of the way if it could be. Also what about an overhead crane, is that necessary in a farm shop? I would like to hear your ideas and even some if-money-was-no-object dreams. lol Thanks.

#35 ·
I built a 48x80x16 shop (small by most standards) and segregated a 24x40 wash bay in the corner, and it has been one of the best features of the shop. It's accessible to the main shop via a 20x16 overhead door, yet has another 20x16 overhead door to the outside. It has its own ventilation system so all the washing, fabrication welding and painting can be done there without affecting the rest of the shop. Its well worth considering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.