The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Late chemical options for wheat
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:13 AM
Oat King

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Wheat is at 5 leaf and 2 tillers currently, with some later emergence at 2 leaf. Agrologist recons "lots" of wild oats and green foxtail, a bit of volunteer canola and that I should hit it with axial + 2,4 D ester as soon as possible. I'm not back from work for another 2 weeks so pretty sure it will be too advanced by then, are there any options for late applications or would I have to take the hit on a potential reduction in yield / dockage and just get it cleaned up with desiccant / post harvest application? I don't see a net cost benefit of having someone come in to do it with what they're recommending, be looking at $30 / acre so would need at least a 6 bu bump to be worth while
Hey Kramer, just hire a local retailer to put the chemical on if you cant. It will only cost you 7-8 dollars per acre and than at least your field is clean. Its a no brainer, the last thing you want to do is add more wild oats to the fields weed bank, you ll be fighting them forever! I would pick up the phone right now!Hope your wheat crop is ok. Think of the long term benefit OF spraying instead of the short term cost.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome