The Combine Forum - View Single Post - Lightbar on a lexion?
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 08:01 AM
Tin Man

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Mudhole, I put a 50" curved bar on on S88 Gleaner. Fit like a glove, no glare on windows. Looks like you have a bar on top side of the cab to hang onto while washing windows. I would mount yours to it like I did. I ran a power wire direct from the battery as SouthernSK said but I didn't want to get a wire into the cab and mount a switch so I put a relay in the line and tapped into a wire going to another set of lights so when I flip the switch to turn them on that power pulls in the relay and turns on my light bar. Used heat shrink connectors and sealed it up good and had no issues. I also put to a 20" light bar on each side of mine about 4 feet above the ground shining out to side. When I turn my lights on I can light up the whole field. I turned all my factory lights on, AC and anything else electrical and checked amp load to be sure my new lights weren't going to over load the alternator. Even adding the 3 light bars I was still 25 or 30 amps below rated output of the alternator but I don't even turn some of the factory lights on now with the light bars on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180901_172203-648x864.jpg (104.0 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20180902_075916-648x864.jpg (71.0 KB, 16 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome