Farming Simulator Game - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Location: Adolphustown, Ontario, Canada , which is on North Shore Lake Ontario
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Farming Simulator Game

Thinking of getting the Farming Simulator game for our youngest as an XMAS gift .
Not sure where, but he has seen an advertisement for it somewhere and has been bugging the heck out of us to get it for him as he is absolutely farm crazy.

Are Many people playing it and how do you like it ?
I presume there would not be any foul language used in it , correct ?
What age category would it be best suited for ?
Any comments on the pro's and con's of it , would be greatly appreciated.

We Tried downloading the demo onto house and shop computers but the demo did not seem to work properly , screen resolution was way out of wack or something , could only see part of titles etc . I am no computer genius by any means , so it was probably my lack of computer gaming experience causing most of the issues.

If we go with it , it will be the XBOX version that way our computers are still available to me occasionally .

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Mark,
I have played the game both on the computer and on XBOX. To be honest it is an awesome game. There isn't any foul language or anything of that sort. The only downside to playing it on XBOX is that you aren't able to download any of the other tractors that are available on the computer version. It is a lot of fun for all ages and you can plant anything from wheat, corn, and soybeans, and even potatoes or sugarbeets. You can raise dairy cattle, sheep, or chickens. You start out as a small farm and need to grow the farm. but all in all I would totally recommend getting the game.

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Location: Adolphustown, Ontario, Canada , which is on North Shore Lake Ontario
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
mitch field
Thanks for the info .
I was thinking since the XBOX can hook up to the internet through wireless that he would be able to download what was needed for the extra equipment etc , but i have been wrong before .

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 02:26 PM

I have been looking around target and walmart for the game and it seems to me that the game is only available as a download for the XBOX but there is still a lot of equipment that is on the original game. There is a lot of deutz fahr equipment and a lot of case ih stuff, such as the 600 quadtrac and 9230 combine. I think it is like $30 for the XBOX version.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
While I can only speak for the computer version I will provide my opinion on it.

I've been playing Farming Simulator since Farming Simulator 2009. I now also own 11 and 13. Definitely recommend 13 with the Titanium add-on pack. (Not sure if they are packaged together yet or not). I bought mine from my local Walmart but you can just purchase and download it online using Steam.

If you can find a good crew of people the multiplayer side of the game is AWESOME. We once had 4 Case combines, 2 grain carts, and a semi driver all together at once. That was a complete blast.

There is no foul language used and to me this game is great for people of all ages as long as they can understand the basics of farming.

For mods (John Deere equipment, Case equipment, combines, semis, etc.) there is a whole pile of them for the computer version. Even different maps, pig add-ons, sunflowers, carrots, etc., the list goes on. But I'm not sure mods are supported in the XBOX version. A new map is nice to have after playing the game for many many hours.

Like I said I've only played the PC version so I can not say what options are available on XBOX (multiplayer, mods, etc.)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The newest mobile version is great, the old one was good but 14 is MUCH better, very limited compared to the full version but still addictive. I have played the demo on the computer but not the full game.

There is only as much swearing in it as comes out of your mouth.

Clayton
~Real men eat wheat~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 05:53 PM

I find it to be a lot of fun. I'm not sure how the mods would work on the XBOX as it's probably programmed for the computer however I don't think that's really important as there is lots of equipment to chose from in the game already and some of the mods don't work that great either.
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Just got 13' titanium edition a month ago for my PC, its quite addictive.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Just got Farming simulator 2013 for my kids to mess around with on the desktop.
Is there some way to get/print off the controls page so they can learn how to run stuff a bit faster??
Is it that much easier to play with a video game controller?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 11:48 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Farming Simulator 2013: Controls - Orcz.com, The Video Games Wiki
or print page 3 of this pdf here: http://support.focus-home.fr/FS2013_MANUAL_INT.pdf

I also believe that pdf is saved somewhere on your computer when the game is installed.

The only other thing I've played with is a joystick, and while it is nicer a person gets used to the keyboard after awhile. Spent many many many hours playing Farming Simulator on a laptop with no keypad besides the Fn one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page