sad story - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoheadmonster View Post
One thing is for sure...If my folks had not drove by....that kid would have kept walking down that road to the end to a field.....got cold and laid down.....and something would have plugged up the drill next spring.
Yeah but your folks did show up. The girl will never forget that. And the conversation, and sandwichs, hot chocolate, horse and love your folks showed could very well be what it takes to turn the girl around. We should never underestimate a chance encounter with a double dose of grace. God bless your folks.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 03:42 AM
tmk

Thank God for your parents taking the time to help this girl out. Hopefully this girl has a grandmother that has a stable home and is willing to take care of her . We had an older couple who just moved from our community this fall who had been foster parents for over 30 years . I cannot recall the number of kids that stayed with them over those years ,some briefly and some for many years until they finished high school . One comment that this couple made was that just about all these kids never had a parent show them love and give them time and attention . The majority of these kids were native . How can a society expect to prosper and succeed when it fails raising its own children ?

God Is Great
Beer Is Good
And People Are Crazy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 04:48 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjim View Post
Yeah but your folks did show up. The girl will never forget that. And the conversation, and sandwichs, hot chocolate, horse and love your folks showed could very well be what it takes to turn the girl around. We should never underestimate a chance encounter with a double dose of grace. God bless your folks.
Well said tjim.

Sad for the girl, i also feel for the thousands of unknown, wanna be parents out there in the world, who for reasons out of their control, cant have kids of their own. And who would cherish the opportunity to raise someone like this child, and call him/her their own.

Child welfare departments World wide need a major overhaul.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
Well said tjim.

Sad for the girl, i also feel for the thousands of unknown, wanna be parents out there in the world, who for reasons out of their control, cant have kids of their own. And who would cherish the opportunity to raise someone like this child, and call him/her their own.

Child welfare departments World wide need a major overhaul.
How right you are, we have had a c--- of a run on the kids front. Then the miss who teaches comes home with some shocking stories both black and white by all highly dependent on welfare. The system is selectively breading welfare dependent people with Hugh respect issues of both there self and people around them.

Very limited on what I post on the family front as a rule.

Madsnake
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoheadmonster View Post
Last night my folks were driving home from my place down the grid road. They seen this girl walking down the side of the grid and they pulled over to see what was the matter. Here it was this 12 or 13 year old native girl hitch hiking to Pelican Narrows from P.A....but instead of turning north at the highway she went south instead. Well its after 5pm on a rural road with no traffic in Saskatchewan in December...it gets mighty cold if you don't know what you're doing. The folks told her to get in the truck and warm up and they asked her what she was doing.....she proceeded to explain that she was going to live with her dad (who wasn't even expecting her) in Pelican because she was sick of her looser mom and her older sister beating her up in P.A......so she ran away. Dad got a hold of the RCMP and Mom made the kid some sandwiches and hot chocolate and took her to feed the horses while they waited for the cops to show up. They weren't gonna let this kid walk/hitch hike over 100 miles in -20. The kid asked mom "am I gonna stay with you for the night" . 45mins or so later, a couple cops showed up, said thanks, and took the kid.

poor kid is beat before she starts coming from a situation like that.

This unfortunately is not unique......stuff like this happens too often. I know someone that is a teacher in P.A., and has taught school way up north and she said "its the way their (Native) culture is"

One thing is for sure...If my folks had not drove by....that kid would have kept walking down that road to the end to a field.....got cold and laid down.....and something would have plugged up the drill next spring.

You and your family get all my respect for doing that,i know that it is not always usual in western canada that ppl try to help natives.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjim View Post
Thanks.......I'll be sure to tell them.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

My wife was pretty upset after this went down. Here we are making plans for Christmas and pulling kids around on a grain bag behind the quad......and this kid meanwhile is walking down the highway.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 371 Post(s)
Sometimes children will take off from a home to be defiant because of something a parent wouldn't let them get away with etc but I doubt that entered into this picture, shes lost and walking in the cold and dark which would be anything but fun ... yet still determined to get away from what she left behind. Fighting for her very survival the best way she knew how at her age, it just puts a lump in my throat to think about.

This topic of foster children reminds me of a native boy who was in my grade and he had siblings who also had been pulled from the parents and were all living together as a family with the foster parents just down the road a ways ( on a farm, his wife was a nurse ), eventually adopted by those same foster parents. I noticed early on when he came to this rural school that something must have happened which scarred and disfigured the skin on his hands/fingers and eventually I learned what that was from himself. When he was small his native mom had held his hands under a tap that had too hot a water running through it and she was doing this on purpose to discipline him. So hot that it was boiling the skin on his hands and can you imagine how a child would be screaming as they are being tortured. The skin wasn't growing/stretching properly as he grew so it tended to curl his fingers and looked a little like webbed fingers with how much damage had been caused. Who knows what other h-ell those small children would have gone through before they were taken out of that situation. From what I recall being said, alcohol was one of the factors that played a roll in lack of parental abilities, unfortunately alcoholism is rampant through some native communities.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynas View Post
Please accept my apology!
Quite alright lynas. . .just kind of "hit me" at that point is all.

Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Imagine north America being over run by china...Everyone who tried to fight for the most part is dead, the rest rounded up and put in camps....for the first 10 years or so the people who put you in camps barely feed you, they move you around to different camps and many die every time you move. You watch your wife and daughter raped by the china men and when you try to do something they beat you to a pulp. The children your wife bares are not really yours, but you take care of them cause it wasn't her fault and it is the right thing to do. At least the china people give you beer and drugs to help you forget your troubles. after a few generations none of your children's children remember anything about the way you currently live, how you work, how you worship, etc. Everything you think and believe is lost to the China way of life. This happend all the time in the past, and won't likely change in the future. I think America learned its lesson with the native Americans and the Blacks. that is why we just kill the bad guys now and try to help the ones left set up a good gov structure and then we leave....ok try to leave. Don't mean to rant, but you can't help people who don't want help! Back in the old days that little girl might have made the same walk, but the people would have likely fed her and given her some better cloths and she would have kept walking.....she might have made it, and she might have found something better along the way, she might have died and met the "great creator" a little sooner than some of us think is good. She is likely now in the system, and is likely becoming even more confused than ever...crazy people giving her stuff, telling her things she doesn't want to hear and doesn't understand. We have done foster care, and have adopted, and I can honestly say I believe it has to be incredibly bad at home before taking a kid away from a parent will make their life any better. just my humble sad opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page