ef winter - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
If you want all inclusive been to Mexico, DR & Jamaica. Jamaica by far is the best. Great people & no language barrier.

Maui is awesome. Very relaxing. Been there lots

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krymsunvalley View Post
If ya got three weeks I'd recommend New Zealand; its so unreal you may never come back. I little closer I'd say Hawaii.
A Pilot’s View: Queenstown, New Zealand

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Been to Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Cuba and Belize. All except Belize have been all inclusive which is good but tends to limit you to the resort. We spent two weeks on San Pedro Island off the coast of Belize, non all inclusive, and absolutely loved it. Very few cars, people get around in golf carts and bikes, very uncomercialized, no big chains stores/restaraunts, take Belize or American dollars and speak very good English. Food is fantastic everywhere. Only downside would be swimming on the beach as it is a national park and they are not allowed to improve the beaches. Second largest coral reef in the world and famous for diving and snorkeling. The only place that I can say we WILL be going back to.

David.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 806 Post(s)
When I get time again I want to check out Miami Florida. We were only there once to pick up a rental car for the kids from the nuts and bolts part of the city and I hated it because those giant rental agencies have just never had anyone arrive in a car to rent a car, I guess. It's about like getting into Fort Knox. I'm sure no cars have ever been stolen from that garage.

I've heard that the waterways are spectacular at night. Temperatures seem to be in the 20's C day and night right now, right in my comfort zone.

miami florida - Google Search
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Lots of great ideas! Belize has always been on my radar. Have been to Panama and would like to return sometime. Lots to see and a lot of history there. Have to be prepared for a bit of heat though.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Some people avoid the all inclusives because once they get there, they feel obligated to stay there and get what they've paid for. I just look at it as a place to tour from. It's very stress free knowing the next meal or the next drink is waiting for you, but I have no problem venturing out and seeing the surrounding countryside or restaurants. It's a very relaxing and economical way to travel into areas where you are not so sure what you are getting into.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page