Door to door scams - Page 6 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 04:01 PM
bud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
They are not all scams. Seen lots of older galvanized bins painted over the last 10 years and the paint they put on looks excellent 10 years later. Farmers are the target audience for some of these.

post #52 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I thought ND was the only pace where everybody painted their grain bins. i'll take galvanized over painted over any day

post #53 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
That generator guy was here once. my uncle asked him how often he has to change the spark plug in his diesel generators. BTW we didnt buy anything.
post #54 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 08:35 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4659 Post(s)
Not a scam?

Don't think it's a scam but a guy selling security systems was by Friday.
Claims all kinds of sales to neighbours, a bunch (1800$'S supposedly) of free equipment all in the move to get you sucked into yet another monthly rent.
post #55 of 56 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 09:40 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I bought a diesel and gas generator trash pump power washer and air compressor from some Mexican fellows. Similar story was demo equipment or something. Told me is was legitimate, told me to call the sheriff if I thought it was stolen. Even had warrantees. And I used it with no problems. Regulator went out of gas generator mailed me a new one no problem. Still using both generators. Air compressor motor locked up one winter got it free and worked all spring but come fall it had no compression. Power washer didn't run right but didn't have much use for it. Same with trash pump
post #56 of 56 (permalink) Old 10-21-2016, 01:02 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Bringing up an old topic......BEWARE in MB right now. It would seem as the fat guy with the British accent is still at it. He came here today offering leftover Asphalt for a couple bucks a square ft. I remembered this thread from a few years ago and something didn't seem right. I asked him where his accent was from and he said he was born in Wpg but spent time in Australia. I told him that I knew there was scammers around with accents pushing Asphalt and he got a little defensive. He said his name was Don.....didn't offer a last name. I Google mapped the address on the business card and it's a Esso gas station with a Macs in It!! Anyway....watch out.....he's a 60 something fat guy with a big grey beard driving a maroon I think Dodge Journey.....oh and he had an orange safety vest on......guess that's to make him look more Legit!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page